05-08-2017 01:54 PM
159 ... 4567
tools
    If you can hold out with the memory issue then it's prob better to hold off if money is tight because the S7e is by no means obsolete by a long shot. It's just the darn low memory. But other than that, it still has one of the best cameras and is still a great phone. If we were not as much of the app hoarders we are, this prob would not be a concern. But I agree, it's not like I install useless stuff. I don't want to delete an app only to have to reinstall it later when I need it again!
    I did that at one point but I soon discovered that it was useless because every time an app needed to be updated it would always go back to internal memory so I just gave up and let all my apps stay where they are.

I've been thinking long and hard all day today and ended up making the plunge and bought the S8+. I gave into temptation lol
    KupKrazy likes this.
    04-25-2017 12:12 AM
    I did that at one point but I soon discovered that it was useless because every time an app needed to be updated it would always go back to internal memory so I just gave up and let all my apps stay where they are.

I've been thinking long and hard all day today and ended up making the plunge and bought the S8+. I gave into temptation lol
    Welcome to the club? Haha!
    04-25-2017 01:22 AM

I hope you enjoy it. I went with the S8 and I love it.
    04-25-2017 01:25 AM
    Welcome to the club? Haha!
    Thank you!!! lol I just couldn't resist. I'm in love with it. It's such a great phone!
    KupKrazy likes this.
    04-25-2017 07:57 AM
    I hope you enjoy it. I went with the S8 and I love it.
    Thanks!!! So far I've been loving it especially since I have it set up the way I like it. It's such a great phone.
    04-25-2017 07:58 AM
    I couldn't resist any longer..... Glad I did, faster fingerprint scanner and easier than it looks to reach. Love the s8+
    04-28-2017 06:07 PM
    I couldn't resist any longer..... Glad I did, faster fingerprint scanner and easier than it looks to reach. Love the s8+
    Another victim lol
    04-28-2017 07:05 PM
    I know! When I first heard about the placement of the fingerprint sensor I was a bit iffy about it, but ever since I got this phone, I haven't had an issue with the fingerprint sensor at all. I actually like the fingerprint sensor on the S8+ better than my previous S7E
    04-29-2017 11:57 AM
    I know! When I first heard about the placement of the fingerprint sensor I was a bit iffy about it, but ever since I got this phone, I haven't had an issue with the fingerprint sensor at all. I actually like the fingerprint sensor on the S8+ better than my previous S7E
    Same here. I questioned the location at first. But the way I hold my phone my finger naturally falls right next to the fps.
    04-29-2017 12:09 PM
    I agree on the fingerprint sensor on the S7 Edge. It's finicky at times.

I played around with an S8+ at Target. What a sexy phone. I really liked it, especially the inifinity screen, but I managed to walk away from it without buying it on the spot... For now I hope I can resist. I mean, I obviously still love my S7 Edge. It's not like I was looking at it with disdain after playing around with the S8+, but I'm sure if my phone was a dog, it would look at me with sad puppy eyes...

I am intrigued with the Note 8 as well so I'll probably wait until then to possibly upgrade. Though it doesn't help that Samsung Pay and Verizon keep coaxing me to upgrade
    04-29-2017 01:55 PM
    I haven't even read anything about the S8. I'm waiting for the Note 8. I'd be happy using my S7 Edge another year if I had to.
    04-29-2017 02:55 PM
    Played with the S8 and S8+. The S8+ is too big for one handed use and is automatically disqualified.

The S8 fingerprint scanner requires hand contortions to reach if you hold the phone in your left hand like I do. The battery appears to be on par with the 7 edge, but text is smaller on the narrower screen and my eyes aren't getting any younger.

Had the S8 come with dual camera or some sort of camera Innovation I would have fought through the fps, but I really don't see myself getting it in light of too many drawbacks and not enough improvements to make up for them.
    04-29-2017 04:42 PM
    I agree on the fingerprint sensor on the S7 Edge. It's finicky at times.

I played around with an S8+ at Target. What a sexy phone. I really liked it, especially the inifinity screen, but I managed to walk away from it without buying it on the spot... For now I hope I can resist. I mean, I obviously still love my S7 Edge. It's not like I was looking at it with disdain after playing around with the S8+, but I'm sure if my phone was a dog, it would look at me with sad puppy eyes...

I am intrigued with the Note 8 as well so I'll probably wait until then to possibly upgrade. Though it doesn't help that Samsung Pay and Verizon keep coaxing me to upgrade
    Yes! I loves the S7E but the home button was already starting to peel ever so slightly. At least with the S8+ I won't have to worry about that anymore. I played with the S8+ on the 22nd (a Saturday) at Best Buy when I was at the mall with my dad and I was heavily trying to convince myself that I don't need a new phone that I'll be fine with the S7E for another year. But then that Monday, the 24th, something hit me and I went through with purchasing the S8+. It was a more spur of the moment thing. I was at work when I ordered it and I ordered it to pick up at the store and it was around 6pm when I bought it. I left work and decided to check the store before I went home just to see. They close at 8pm and I got there around 7:30 and to my surprise they had it ready for me! There was no turning back after that 🤣🤣🤣
    davisgq likes this.
    04-29-2017 05:00 PM
    Im holding out to see what the Note 8 brings to the table. I had the Note 7 and LOVED everything about it (except the fire part). I never had a problem with either of mine so it was heart breaking having to give them up. But I want to see what the specs are before I make any decisions and I don't think I'll preorder this time. I think I'll be a wait and see before I buy. I've got the S7E and it's meeting my needs for the most part. My biggest gripe is battery life. I can't get a full day without bump charging. Thankfully I have the access to do that.
    Dr Claw likes this.
    04-29-2017 05:38 PM
    The Note 8 intrigues me more then the Edge 8, don't get me wrong I love my S7 Edge but I think my old Note 5 was my all time favorite phone and the Note 8 leaks looks awesome.. Hoping the price on the N8 is lower then a new Note series release would normally be due to the whole Note 7 debacle..
    04-30-2017 08:20 AM
    Former Note 7 owner waiting for the Note 8, but it's looking like it may not be out till October at least. My S7E has had some issues since the 7.0 update and I'm tempted by the S8+ bigger screen, but disappointed they didn't do more (dual camera, more RAM) as it doesn't seem like that much of an upgrade over the S7E.

I am thinking of potentially paying off the balance of my 50% (annual upgrade on Verizon) , around $150, and then getting the S8+ (on annual upgrade), and when the Note 8 is out late in the year, I would have around $200 to payoff. Not ideal but I could get both phones...
    04-30-2017 01:37 PM
    Former Note 7 owner waiting for the Note 8, but it's looking like it may not be out till October at least. My S7E has had some issues since the 7.0 update and I'm tempted by the S8+ bigger screen, but disappointed they didn't do more (dual camera, more RAM) as it doesn't seem like that much of an upgrade over the S7E.

I am thinking of potentially paying off the balance of my 50% (annual upgrade on Verizon) , around $150, and then getting the S8+ (on annual upgrade), and when the Note 8 is out late in the year, I would have around $200 to payoff. Not ideal but I could get both phones...
    Sound like a plan. Since upgrading to the S8, I haven't had any issues I once saw on the S7 edge.
    04-30-2017 02:07 PM
    Sound like a plan. Since upgrading to the S8, I haven't had any issues I once saw on the S7 edge.
    Does the S8 feel a lot quicker or not much of a difference?
    04-30-2017 02:43 PM
    @jmk32 It feels pretty quick. Dont get wrong, the S7 edge is no slouch. It just had some issues that kept it from being as fast and smooth.
    04-30-2017 02:57 PM
    Me. I'm waiting for the Note 8. I had a Note 7, and you all know what happened there. To satisfy my Verizon service, to continue using Samsung Pay, and also to cash in on the credits, etc... also because they offered it in the same color as my Note 7 (Coral Blue), here I am.

S7 Edge life has been much more enjoyable since Nougat.
    05-01-2017 06:58 AM
    I finally went to Best Buy to try out the S8 and S8+ with every intention of ordering one. They are really nice, but I do not see a compelling reason to upgrade from my "trusty" S7 Edge. I think that I am going to wait this one out!

FYI, I liked the size of the S8, but I liked the battery of the S8+. (If I was to upgrade I probably would get the S8+.)
    05-01-2017 01:00 PM
    I finally went to Best Buy to try out the S8 and S8+ with every intention of ordering one. They are really nice, but I do not see a compelling reason to upgrade from my "trusty" S7 Edge. I think that I am going to wait this one out!

FYI, I liked the size of the S8, but I liked the battery of the S8+. (If I was to upgrade I probably would get the S8+.)
    Strong will to resist = more money in the pockets. I need to be more like that.
    05-01-2017 07:19 PM
    Strong will to resist = more money in the pockets. I need to be more like that.
    More money in the pocket until Note 8 is out. I'm staying strong until then. After that, my S7 Edge will have it's well deserved sent off ceremony hehehe
    05-01-2017 09:14 PM
    More money in the pocket until Note 8 is out. I'm staying strong until then. After that, my S7 Edge will have it's well deserved sent off ceremony hehehe
    Ha ha ha...nice.
    05-01-2017 09:21 PM
    Went to pay my Verizon bill today and came close to purchasing S8+. But the wait was 30 minutes - - thank God. Got home and concluded that I'll stay with Note 5 (w/Note 4 as backup) until next itineration in Note line. S8+ is a beautiful phone but I'm not giving up the stylus.
    05-01-2017 09:27 PM
159 ... 4567