Who has been able to resist S8/S8 Plus so far?

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
I couldn't resist. When I had to bring my note 7 back, I got an iPhone because I had the s7 edge before the note 7. Everyone loved that phone. It was gut wrenching saying goodbye to it.

I never really used the pen, and always used the iris scanner so the s8 is just fine to me.

I do have a weird situation though. I might post in a new thread.

dorlisa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I pre ordered the S8+ as well. Went to BB today to look at it and hold it, it is sweet!!! I can't wait til the 21st to get it. I had the Note 7 and had to go back to the S7 Edge... wasn't happy so this is a big deal to me.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
I pre ordered the S8+ as well. Went to BB today to look at it and hold it, it is sweet!!! I can't wait til the 21st to get it. I had the Note 7 and had to go back to the S7 Edge... wasn't happy so this is a big deal to me.

Cool, I'm gonna go by bet buy tomorrow and see if they have one I can look at.

Edit: maybe not. Tornado ripped through town. Right past Best Buy

Last edited:

mookie1027

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I was once like you but I have s7 edge now I like it. the Samsung guys at best buy will try to sell anything to you but WAit and see what happens first. when the note 7 came out I played with it at the best buy near me and I stated it will not last a week. some thing didn't sit right with me since this every time the Samsung people see me they ask questions every time . so wait don't be rash and go out buy things on impulse

Neutrality

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
This is the toughest question ever. On one hand it is not a major upgrade at all. But on the other hand, the design is irresistible.

I am looking forward to the refurbished note 7 actually. I hope they decrease the price. They must. If they do, I'll definitely get the note 7 instead of the S8. But if they don't put a good price tag, I know I'll cave in and get the S8 at some point. It's so so beautiful. And the software with those wallpapers look amazing. I wish there could be a way to get those wallpapers and font on the S7.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
You have a blue s7, this tells me 2 things

Your phone is not that old
I hate you for having blue coral :p

Hang on for the Note 8, I am.

anon(10206632)

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
You have a blue s7, this tells me 2 things

Your phone is not that old
I hate you for having blue coral
Hang on for the Note 8, I am.
Hahaha, got it on Black Friday. So only 4 months ago. It's was so beautiful until I saw S8 Plus. I was at Best buy again today. Below is comparison between S7 edge and S8 plus. Only tiny bit taller. Amazing 6.2 Inc screen.

e3995838bcc62855b9c6e0d870751e09.jpg

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Almost preordered the phone but stopped myself. If I'm gonna be buying the phone at full price, I want an USA unlocked model in coral blue.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Don't see the point, it's got the same camera on the rear, worse battery capacity and life to drive the bigger screen and has nothing on it that makes me really want it. Always wait for the odd numbered release as they so far have offered the most new features. This is just a refreshed S7 with a slightly better screen, a voice assistant and a better selfie camera.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I would call this a refresh S7. Maybe you could make that case for the S7E but not S7 to S8. Totally different screen quality and design, larger screen size, newer camera module (just because it is still the same megapixel doesn't make it the same), newer processor that supports faster data on supported networks, retina burning technology, double the RAM in the base model, 32 bit audio vs 24, bluetooth 5.0, USB C , front facing camera upgrade. About the only thing they left out was the under screen finger print scanner.

I am all with it not being enough of a upgrade for some people to want to upgrade but refresh is an understatement IMO. All of these releases now days are incremental, very rarely do you see a huge upgrade or redesign anymore.

:)

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I really don't like the whole "edge" concept, but I want a bigger Samsung phone. I appear to be absolutely, completely screwed in that regard -- Samsung's top phones are going to have that dang edge, period. So, let's talk about that: Is there supposed to be something "different" about the edges of the S8+ versus the S7 Edge?

I've gone to Best Buy a couple of times -- the S8's screen appears to have ZERO extra screen compared to the S7 Edge -- with the navigation buttons taking up some of the screen at the bottom, the actual, usable screen is no "taller" with the S8. And, of course, the S8's screen width is LESS than the S7 Edge's. Pass.

The S8+ screen does have a bit of extra tallness, but no extra width -- in fact, I'd bet it's a hair less wide. I carry my phone in my left front pants pocket when I'm not wearing a coat, and I can sit down with the S7 Edge in my pocket. With the taller S8+, I would bet that I probably couldn't sit down with the thing in my pocket.

So, what is it, $850 for the S8+? For what, an extra quarter of an inch of screen height? Maybe two lines in an e-mail message? So far, my thinking is that I'll keep my money in my pocket. Yeah, maybe stuff like Bluetooth 5 would be worth having, but I expect in my actual usage, I wouldn't notice one bit of difference whatsoever.

I'll give big bucks right now for a wider phone with a flat screen. With essentially all of the features of the S7 Edge -- wireless charging, AMOLED screen, no stupid screen-stealers like the V20's "second panel," and so on. Looks like I could go back to the Note 5 and do without my 256GB MicroSD card, or --- nothing. Might as well just keep my S7 Edge and keep on hating that dang edge.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I really don't like the whole "edge" concept, but I want a bigger Samsung phone. I appear to be absolutely, completely screwed in that regard -- Samsung's top phones are going to have that dang edge, period. So, let's talk about that: Is there supposed to be something "different" about the edges of the S8+ versus the S7 Edge?

I've gone to Best Buy a couple of times -- the S8's screen appears to have ZERO extra screen compared to the S7 Edge -- with the navigation buttons taking up some of the screen at the bottom, the actual, usable screen is no "taller" with the S8. And, of course, the S8's screen width is LESS than the S7 Edge's. Pass.

The S8+ screen does have a bit of extra tallness, but no extra width -- in fact, I'd bet it's a hair less wide. I carry my phone in my left front pants pocket when I'm not wearing a coat, and I can sit down with the S7 Edge in my pocket. With the taller S8+, I would bet that I probably couldn't sit down with the thing in my pocket.

So, what is it, $850 for the S8+? For what, an extra quarter of an inch of screen height? Maybe two lines in an e-mail message? So far, my thinking is that I'll keep my money in my pocket. Yeah, maybe stuff like Bluetooth 5 would be worth having, but I expect in my actual usage, I wouldn't notice one bit of difference whatsoever.

I'll give big bucks right now for a wider phone with a flat screen. With essentially all of the features of the S7 Edge -- wireless charging, AMOLED screen, no stupid screen-stealers like the V20's "second panel," and so on. Looks like I could go back to the Note 5 and do without my 256GB MicroSD card, or --- nothing. Might as well just keep my S7 Edge and keep on hating that dang edge.
When I played with the s8 + the edges were like the note 7 edges and not as pronounced as the s7 edges.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08