Who has been able to resist S8/S8 Plus so far?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have finally gotten over the battle of resistance😁 I have found that it is harder for me to help people with the S8 because of the differences, but there are other ways for me to do so.

After pruising through the S8 forums I see no compelling reason to upgrade from the S7 edge. I think the pen alone will be worth the wait for the Note 8. I do believe there will be more than just the pen too look forward to as well☺️

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
If the S7e had more storage, then I might have considered it, but the 32GB is too limiting and I find myself with just 1-2GB of free storage which goes up and down depending on the cache. It dramatically lags my phone. I've had it over a year now and I wanted to move to the Note7 but it was recalled, so I had to pull out the S7e again much to my chagrin. I will move to the S8+ and then the Note8 when it comes out. I can't deal with the 32GB of storage anymore. :-/

I wish I wasn't such a app hoarder!!

I have the same exact problem. I have the S7E and the phone has been good to me except for the fact that I keep almost running out of space and it bugs the hell out of me because I shouldn't have to delete apps I like using just to save space. I've been debating whether or not I should just pay off the remaining balance of this phone so I could get the S8+, but I keep holding back because I don't really have the money to do that. Also, by this time next year the S9 will come out and by then I could afford to pay off the remaining balance of this phone. I just wish Samsung had made this phone a 64gb instead of 32gb

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
You guys moved any apps to the SD card to help free up internal memory ?

I've pre ordered the s8 and pick it up on Friday. That said I had about 14gb of internal space. I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum to you. :)

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the same exact problem. I have the S7E and the phone has been good to me except for the fact that I keep almost running out of space and it bugs the hell out of me because I shouldn't have to delete apps I like using just to save space. I've been debating whether or not I should just pay off the remaining balance of this phone so I could get the S8+, but I keep holding back because I don't really have the money to do that. Also, by this time next year the S9 will come out and by then I could afford to pay off the remaining balance of this phone. I just wish Samsung had made this phone a 64gb instead of 32gb
If you can hold out with the memory issue then it's prob better to hold off if money is tight because the S7e is by no means obsolete by a long shot. It's just the darn low memory. But other than that, it still has one of the best cameras and is still a great phone. If we were not as much of the app hoarders we are, this prob would not be a concern. But I agree, it's not like I install useless stuff. I don't want to delete an app only to have to reinstall it later when I need it again!

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
You guys moved any apps to the SD card to help free up internal memory ?

I've pre ordered the s8 and pick it up on Friday. That said I had about 14gb of internal space. I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum to you. :)
Yes, but unfortunately since it does not move the data and just the app itself, it doesn't help very much since oftentimes the data is where the bulk is. Then when the app gets updated, it is moved back to internal storage.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
If you can hold out with the memory issue then it's prob better to hold off if money is tight because the S7e is by no means obsolete by a long shot. It's just the darn low memory. But other than that, it still has one of the best cameras and is still a great phone. If we were not as much of the app hoarders we are, this prob would not be a concern. But I agree, it's not like I install useless stuff. I don't want to delete an app only to have to reinstall it later when I need it again!

I did that at one point but I soon discovered that it was useless because every time an app needed to be updated it would always go back to internal memory so I just gave up and let all my apps stay where they are.

I've been thinking long and hard all day today and ended up making the plunge and bought the S8+. I gave into temptation lol

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I did that at one point but I soon discovered that it was useless because every time an app needed to be updated it would always go back to internal memory so I just gave up and let all my apps stay where they are.

I've been thinking long and hard all day today and ended up making the plunge and bought the S8+. I gave into temptation lol
Welcome to the club? Haha!

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

I hope you enjoy it. I went with the S8 and I love it.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't resist any longer..... Glad I did, faster fingerprint scanner and easier than it looks to reach. Love the s8+

I know! When I first heard about the placement of the fingerprint sensor I was a bit iffy about it, but ever since I got this phone, I haven't had an issue with the fingerprint sensor at all. I actually like the fingerprint sensor on the S8+ better than my previous S7E

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I know! When I first heard about the placement of the fingerprint sensor I was a bit iffy about it, but ever since I got this phone, I haven't had an issue with the fingerprint sensor at all. I actually like the fingerprint sensor on the S8+ better than my previous S7E
Same here. I questioned the location at first. But the way I hold my phone my finger naturally falls right next to the fps.

davisgq

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site

I agree on the fingerprint sensor on the S7 Edge. It's finicky at times.

I played around with an S8+ at Target. What a sexy phone. I really liked it, especially the inifinity screen, but I managed to walk away from it without buying it on the spot... For now :) I hope I can resist. I mean, I obviously still love my S7 Edge. It's not like I was looking at it with disdain after playing around with the S8+, but I'm sure if my phone was a dog, it would look at me with sad puppy eyes...

I am intrigued with the Note 8 as well so I'll probably wait until then to possibly upgrade. Though it doesn't help that Samsung Pay and Verizon keep coaxing me to upgrade :)

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Played with the S8 and S8+. The S8+ is too big for one handed use and is automatically disqualified.

The S8 fingerprint scanner requires hand contortions to reach if you hold the phone in your left hand like I do. The battery appears to be on par with the 7 edge, but text is smaller on the narrower screen and my eyes aren't getting any younger.

Had the S8 come with dual camera or some sort of camera Innovation I would have fought through the fps, but I really don't see myself getting it in light of too many drawbacks and not enough improvements to make up for them.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I agree on the fingerprint sensor on the S7 Edge. It's finicky at times.

I played around with an S8+ at Target. What a sexy phone. I really liked it, especially the inifinity screen, but I managed to walk away from it without buying it on the spot... For now :) I hope I can resist. I mean, I obviously still love my S7 Edge. It's not like I was looking at it with disdain after playing around with the S8+, but I'm sure if my phone was a dog, it would look at me with sad puppy eyes...

I am intrigued with the Note 8 as well so I'll probably wait until then to possibly upgrade. Though it doesn't help that Samsung Pay and Verizon keep coaxing me to upgrade :)

Yes! I loves the S7E but the home button was already starting to peel ever so slightly. At least with the S8+ I won't have to worry about that anymore. I played with the S8+ on the 22nd (a Saturday) at Best Buy when I was at the mall with my dad and I was heavily trying to convince myself that I don't need a new phone that I'll be fine with the S7E for another year. But then that Monday, the 24th, something hit me and I went through with purchasing the S8+. It was a more spur of the moment thing. I was at work when I ordered it and I ordered it to pick up at the store and it was around 6pm when I bought it. I left work and decided to check the store before I went home just to see. They close at 8pm and I got there around 7:30 and to my surprise they had it ready for me! There was no turning back after that 🤣🤣🤣

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Im holding out to see what the Note 8 brings to the table. I had the Note 7 and LOVED everything about it (except the fire part). I never had a problem with either of mine so it was heart breaking having to give them up. But I want to see what the specs are before I make any decisions and I don't think I'll preorder this time. I think I'll be a wait and see before I buy. I've got the S7E and it's meeting my needs for the most part. My biggest gripe is battery life. I can't get a full day without bump charging. Thankfully I have the access to do that.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The Note 8 intrigues me more then the Edge 8, don't get me wrong I love my S7 Edge but I think my old Note 5 was my all time favorite phone and the Note 8 leaks looks awesome.. Hoping the price on the N8 is lower then a new Note series release would normally be due to the whole Note 7 debacle.. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol