Who has been able to resist S8/S8 Plus so far?

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Former Note 7 owner waiting for the Note 8, but it's looking like it may not be out till October at least. My S7E has had some issues since the 7.0 update and I'm tempted by the S8+ bigger screen, but disappointed they didn't do more (dual camera, more RAM) as it doesn't seem like that much of an upgrade over the S7E.

I am thinking of potentially paying off the balance of my 50% (annual upgrade on Verizon) , around $150, and then getting the S8+ (on annual upgrade), and when the Note 8 is out late in the year, I would have around $200 to payoff. Not ideal but I could get both phones...

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Former Note 7 owner waiting for the Note 8, but it's looking like it may not be out till October at least. My S7E has had some issues since the 7.0 update and I'm tempted by the S8+ bigger screen, but disappointed they didn't do more (dual camera, more RAM) as it doesn't seem like that much of an upgrade over the S7E.

I am thinking of potentially paying off the balance of my 50% (annual upgrade on Verizon) , around $150, and then getting the S8+ (on annual upgrade), and when the Note 8 is out late in the year, I would have around $200 to payoff. Not ideal but I could get both phones...
Sound like a plan. Since upgrading to the S8, I haven't had any issues I once saw on the S7 edge.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
@jmk32 It feels pretty quick. Dont get wrong, the S7 edge is no slouch. It just had some issues that kept it from being as fast and smooth.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Me. I'm waiting for the Note 8. I had a Note 7, and you all know what happened there. To satisfy my Verizon service, to continue using Samsung Pay, and also to cash in on the credits, etc... also because they offered it in the same color as my Note 7 (Coral Blue), here I am.

S7 Edge life has been much more enjoyable since Nougat.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I finally went to Best Buy to try out the S8 and S8+ with every intention of ordering one. They are really nice, but I do not see a compelling reason to upgrade from my "trusty" S7 Edge. I think that I am going to wait this one out!

FYI, I liked the size of the S8, but I liked the battery of the S8+. (If I was to upgrade I probably would get the S8+.)

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I finally went to Best Buy to try out the S8 and S8+ with every intention of ordering one. They are really nice, but I do not see a compelling reason to upgrade from my "trusty" S7 Edge. I think that I am going to wait this one out!

FYI, I liked the size of the S8, but I liked the battery of the S8+. (If I was to upgrade I probably would get the S8+.)
Strong will to resist = more money in the pockets. I need to be more like that.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Went to pay my Verizon bill today and came close to purchasing S8+. But the wait was 30 minutes - - thank God. Got home and concluded that I'll stay with Note 5 (w/Note 4 as backup) until next itineration in Note line. S8+ is a beautiful phone but I'm not giving up the stylus.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So far... Mostly because I just got a new phone four months ago and because my bank account is recovering from... Life. 🤣

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Sitting here with my Coral Blue trying to fight all the S8/Plus temptations​. The plan is that I want to hold out for Note 8 BUT these are going to be a very long 6-7 months.

Anyone else fighting back? :)

I have had my S7E for less than a year...I have made it a practice to keep my phones for at least two years, but I am foaming at the mouth, and saving my pennies for the N8.

hashfork

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
I've never been a huge fan of the Note line. Big phablets with S-Pen's? Not for me. Even if the Note 8 was released at the same time I'd have gone for the S8.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
The huge 3600mAh Batt in my S7 Edge helps me not get tempted by the S8 range. :D

S7 Edge Battery Life is just amazing for me personally :)

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
The S8 plus battery, in my usage which I would consider heavy, blows the S7 edge out of the water.
I think it is pretty amazing how the S8+ with a smaller battery and bigger screen gets much better battery life than the S7 edge. I know the 835 has a little to do with it, but color me impressed🤳

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2