Wireless charging extremely slow

Minimid33

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys I just got my 7 Edge about a week ago or so and they gave me a Belkin Wireless charger (not the fast one) with the phone at Verizon. I left the phone overnight to Wireless charge but it just chatged it from 20% to 85% in the course of 10 hours and the battery fell hot to the touch in the morning I also am using a Defender case from Otterbox. I ordered a Samsung fast wireless charger hoping that will fix the issue. Anyone has anything to help my phone charge faster?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't use fast charging, have a non-Samsung wireless charger using the Samsung powerhead and can charge from 35% to full in about 2.5 hours. Belkin, in my experience, makes pretty good products so I would look at what powerhead you're using as it may not have enough power for wireless. I also do not use fast charging as it's detrimental to the battery.

Abby Normal

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Don't know about anyone else but last night was my second night with the upgrade and after 6 hours on a Samsung fast charge it was only at 82%

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If your phone was warm or hot in the morning to me that would indicate the unit is also running your processors hot.
If you have a rogue app or issue with low signal or many other issues that would cause the phone to keep the prcoessors running at higher speeds and thus consume more power while its charging.
So this cause your phone to run hot and not get its full charge.

Wipe system cache and update apps. Then try charging again.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance