S7 Edge phone stopped ringing?

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Folks,

I'm hoping you can help my little problem here -- it looks like my phone absolutely, positively won't ring when I receive a call. The first time I noticed this, I was actually using my phone, going through some e-mail messages, when I received a notification that I had a new voicemail message -- I didn't get ANYTHING for the call itself. No ringtone, nothing on-screen, nothing.

I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on -- I've got my ringtone turned up as loud as it will go, it certainly works when I try it, and so on. No, I don't have any of the callers blocked, or anything like that. I certainly don't have any kind of "do not disturb" turned on -- I get notifications and sounds for everything else.

I reboot my phone at least a couple of times per day, and I have rebooted since any of the "calls without notifications" have happened. I'm not sure about whether the two calls that I've received since the first one showed anything on-screen or not -- I haven't been near the phone, but I certainly was within hearing distance if the ringtone had actually sounded.

If you can send any sage words of advice my way, I'd sure appreciate it!

Thanks!

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm. I think I've got some kind of "going straight to voicemail" thing going on, but there doesn't seem to be any such option, anywhere in the S7 Edge settings. One thing I did do recently, though, was use my car's phone app to mark some callers as "favorites" -- maybe that had something to do with what's going on. After messing around with things, I worked with one caller and his last test call rang, so hopefully that'll work from now on. Whatever the case, I cleared all of the favorites on the phone, then went to my car and cleared all of the favorites from there, and hopefully that'll resolve the issue, entirely. What a tangled web!

mikepiz

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
I have a similar problem on my Halaxy S8 active
After about 3 rings and before I can answer it the call goes to voicemail (I think). Any clues to fix this??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781