Touchwiz launcher problem

Laurie1981

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
Hello I've been trying to set my touchwiz launcher and even though I go to the default applications and press the home button to set it as my main launcher it's not working and still pops up at the bottom of my screen and asking me to select touchwiz home or the touchwiz easy home I've never had this problem before but ever since the latest update on my Samsung galaxy s7 edge I've been having this problem and it's a ongoing problem for me now and I have tried almost everything that I've read online but nothing seems to be working so I'm stuck I just don't know what else to do is there anything else I can do to fix this problem on my Samsung galaxy s7 edge I need help...

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
It sounds like maybe the TouchWiz app itself might have crashed for some reason. Try going into your S7's Settings menu and open the Application manager. TouchWiz being an integral system app it won't be in the 'Downloaded' column so you'll need to swipe to the left to get to the the 'All' column, and then scroll all the way down to the 'TouchWiz Home' app. Open it, tap the 'Force stop' button, and then the 'Clear data' button. (That will wipe both any settings and the app's cache). Now restart your phone.
You mentioned trying various things so if you've already tried the above, just what have you tried? (Just to save further repetition.)