Argument over who has the phone call

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I was waiting for a call to my S7 edge from our local Nissan garage. It came through, and I answered. The call proceeded.

Then my wife drove our other car (A Honda Jazz) out of the garage. The Jazz has the Honda Hands Free phone system, and my phone is paired with it.
So, the call got transferred to the hands free system, causing much confusion:

1. In our living room, I thought I'd been cut off, as I could hear nothing, and the Nissan man couldn't hear me.
  2. Inside the Honda Jazz my wife suddently found a man talking to her through the Honda's Audio System.
  3. In the Nissan garage, the fellow found that I'd suddenly changed from a man to a confused woman.
My question is this: Who could have transferred the call back from the Honda's Audio System back to my S7 Edge?
  1. My wife, in the Honda?
  2. Me, with the S7 in my hand (and the call still active)?
  3. Either of us could have done it?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing the connection was made via Bluetooth? If so, the easiest way is for the person on the cell to turn off Bluetooth. The call should then transfer back to the cell phone.

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I presume you mean "... person in the car to turn off the Bluetooth".
That's a tricky problem at the moment because we'd need to read up how to do that. Our Honda Jazz manual refers us to a non-existent Honda web page (Official UK Website | Award Winning Reliable Motors | Honda).
Honda's main site has Bluetooth information, but only pertaining to models newer than our 2011 Jazz.
It occurred to me that having my wife's phone paired with the Jazz might have fixed this problem, but then it would just surface the other way around (me in the Jazz, in the garage; my wife taking a call on her mobile in the house.
A Bluetooth hands-free system is little more than a simple audio headpiece. I presume I could transfer a call from the headpiece to the phone?

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
@Golfdriver97 meant that you could have transfered the call to your cell phone by either pressing the Bluetooth headset button on the call screen on your phone or by disabling the Bluetooth all together on the phone

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I'll look out for the bluetooth button on the call screen then. Turning bluetooth off is not a good idea as it would reduce the usefulness of my Gear S3.

ticketbabe2

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I was waiting for a call to my S7 edge from our local Nissan garage. It came through, and I answered. The call proceeded.

Then my wife drove our other car (A Honda Jazz) out of the garage. The Jazz has the Honda Hands Free phone system, and my phone is paired with it.
So, the call got transferred to the hands free system, causing much confusion:

1. In our living room, I thought I'd been cut off, as I could hear nothing, and the Nissan man couldn't hear me.
  2. Inside the Honda Jazz my wife suddently found a man talking to her through the Honda's Audio System.
  3. In the Nissan garage, the fellow found that I'd suddenly changed from a man to a confused woman.
My question is this: Who could have transferred the call back from the Honda's Audio System back to my S7 Edge?
  1. My wife, in the Honda?
  2. Me, with the S7 in my hand (and the call still active)?
  3. Either of us could have done it?
Lol!!!!!!

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Let's get practical here. I'm sitting in my living room. My wife just happens to be about to go out in the car she usually drives. Everything is normal.
I'm not going to say to myself "I'd better turn off the Bluetooth on my phone, in case a call comes in while her car is still in range".
Or perhaps later, I'd have to predict that she was about to come back in the car and I'd turn off the Bluetooth on my phone. If I could predict that, I'd be able to predict the winning numbers on the National Lottery, and I wouldn't be worrying about this. :)
As suggested, the Bluetooth headset button on the call screen on my phone is the answer.

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Actually, not such a bad idea. The garage is separate from the house, but only by ome arm's length. I could use some aluminium sheet that I have to prevent Bluetooth from reaching into the house from outside. It might make the house look a little strange, though. I imagine myself giving directions "look for the shiny silver house", or after a few years "look for the grey house"...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Let's get practical here. I'm sitting in my living room. My wife just happens to be about to go out in the car she usually drives. Everything is normal.
I'm not going to say to myself "I'd better turn off the Bluetooth on my phone, in case a call comes in while her car is still in range".
Or perhaps later, I'd have to predict that she was about to come back in the car and I'd turn off the Bluetooth on my phone. If I could predict that, I'd be able to predict the winning numbers on the National Lottery, and I wouldn't be worrying about this. :)
As suggested, the Bluetooth headset button on the call screen on my phone is the answer.
You can get an app like Tasker to set an automatic rule to turn Bluetooth on at a certain time. That way if you forget to turn it back on, Tasker will for you.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
On the Honda system...when the call connects to Bluetooth....there's a button that says "Transfer". If she would have pressed that...it would have transferred right back to you.

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I'll go looking for that "Transfer" button, but our Jazz is a 2011 model, and the only display is a small LCD in the dashboard.
And then there would be the issue of teaching my wife what to do. I think she is the origin of the word "technophobe".
Perhaps that is a little harsh, but the inevitable response to "may I show you how..." is an instant "NO".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781