Samsung S7 EDGE Nougat 7.0 upgrade a disaster?

A

AC Question

I recently upgraded my Samsung S7 EDGE to Android 7.0. The phone is useless now. Bluetooth is unstable, it keeps asking me for email credentials I have already provided and grinds away trying to validate them, AND THE WORST PART IS THE KEYBOARD MINIMIZES WHILE I AM TYPING, the voice to text function stops working for no reason mid-sentence, videos stop playing intermittently and the battery is sucked dry in no time.

After making several adjustments, I reset the phone to factory defaults and reinstalled all my apps. This did not fix anything. Any suggestions? Is another update due out soon.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Does the phone behave in safe mode?

Wipe the cache partition, factory data reset and when setting up do not sign in with your Google account, do not download any apps, still having issues?

Take the phone into Best Buy and have them flash the phone.

Still an issue? Warranty exchange, if out of warranty insurance claim. If all else fails, toss it.

Btravelen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Interesting.. My future son in laws S7 Edge on Verizon died a couple days after downloading Nougat. IDK if the failure was related to the download.. The phone would not turn on and when connected to a charger, would get warm.. It's under warranty and Samsung had him send it in..

My update on Verizon went well and I like the changes in Nougat, especially the notifications on AOD.. Good luck..

osubass1

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
when i first updated to Nougat, my Bluetooth was completely unuseable. it would immediately give an error upon boot and the error would come up periodically until i used Package Disabler to disable Bluetooth entirely.

i ended up using Odin to go back to Marshmallow, and then used the .zip file to update using ADB.

it all works as expected now.