04-30-2017 07:06 AM
32 12
tools
    Seriously? Do more research -- LOTS of us are unhappy!
    How many is lots? There are close to 40 million S7 devices. We have approx. 100 people complaining. The forums represent approx. <1% of the mobile market and a very small percentage of users within the forums are reporting serious issues.
    lizardchest and LineKill like this.
    04-25-2017 12:07 PM
    Earthy girl, as Aquila was saying, we are a very small percentage. To add to that, people usually come here to find solutions to their problems, not to tell everyone how well their device is running.
    04-25-2017 12:27 PM
    I fully agree that it's the people with problems who are more likely to post here, but please don't gloss over the fact that, as I have found on various different sites, many DO hate the last update. Not trying to start a fight here, just making it fair to those of us who are extremely disappointed. *Peace*
    04-25-2017 01:12 PM
    Sure, there are some people that don't like it - but "many" sounds like a lot unless you put it into the proper context, and then "many" becomes interchangeable with "hardly anyone". It'd be better to frame it in terms of a percentage for that reason - so if there are 10,000 people that hate it (as an example) - representing them as less than 1% is accurate - but it doesn't change the fact that there are 10,000 people that Samsung needs to make things right with.
    lizardchest likes this.
    04-25-2017 01:27 PM
    I think the Nougat update has been awesome. It looks better, works better and I get 1 more hour of SOT compared to MM. That's without a factory reset.
    Aquila likes this.
    04-25-2017 02:13 PM
    I'm looking back at the old S7 forums and everyone is having issues with the nougat update. They don't even have a choice and have to upgrade to a slower OS. Is Samsung doing this on purpose to slow down devices? This is why I'm afraid to try Samsung again...
    You have to factory reset and NOT use Google or samsung backups to restore any apps or settings.
    04-30-2017 03:58 AM
    Many of us think the aesthetics and some usability items have taken hits in the move from MM to Nougat. So that may be what a lot of the complaints are about. I personally prefer MM over Nougat for those reasons, and the fact that I do not use a single thing that Nougat brought to the table. So all pain, no gain. But I'm not going back to MM. I'll get over the short comings of Nougat to be on the latest release. Falling behind there brings its own pain.

SOT, battery life and performance all exactly the same for me on either level of the OS, and my S7E is still the best phone I've ever owned, so I'll stick with it.
    04-30-2017 07:06 AM
32 12