I've had a great run with my GS7E for about a year now and still enjoy it, but in the past 2-3 days it's developed a habit of continuing to turn the screen back on after it times out. This is most common when calendar notifications are displayed. The screen will turn on to show the notification, then it will dim and turn off according to my time out settings. Then about 2-3 seconds later it fires back up again. This happens continuously and drains the battery.

Has anybody run into this before? Any thoughts on fixing it? I've tried rebooting and wiping the cache partition without success.

Thanks for your help,
    04-14-2017 09:33 AM
    Yes and it ended up being an app that I had recently installed. I deleted the app and all is well.
    04-14-2017 10:47 AM
    Thanks. I'll try to purge all recent app installs and see how we go. Frustrating that an app has the power to create this type of problem.

Do you recall the name or nature of the app? Maybe it could help me narrow it down.
    04-14-2017 01:01 PM
    I've tried uninstalling anything I can think of that's recent or might interact in this way and unfortunately no joy. Something is fighting to continually wake up the screen while the alarm is shown. Very odd and discouraging.
    04-14-2017 02:29 PM
    04-17-2017 03:57 AM
    Yes and it ended up being an app that I had recently installed. I deleted the app and all is well.
    Which app did you uninstall to fix this. I'm having the same problem with my S8+. Very frustrating....
    05-01-2017 11:09 AM
    I have the same problem. This started only recently for me on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with AT&T. The screen will keep coming back on with the notification every 5 seconds and the battery getting drained.

Somehow it appears that this is related to my Samsung Pay account but I can't figure out how/why. I don't think I installed any new app recently though
    05-09-2017 07:31 AM
    Curious: What is it that leads you to believe that this is related to Samsung pay?
    05-13-2017 08:49 PM
    I have noticed my calendar appts being displayed on the screen as well. I was contributing it to an update to the calendar, as the calendar has changed, or at least it seems to have changed. In the day view, I used to see the picture that was associated with the appt. Now it just shows the name of the appt at the specified time. And the way you view the previous month view seems to have changed.

05-13-2017 09:03 PM
    This thread discusses Android Pay battery drain from Calendar notifications.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...displayed.html. Turning off credit card "favorite" fixed the "hot pocket" problem for me. You can see my battery dive-bomb simply from a calendar notification that I did not notice. The phone would be hot, and I would lose so much battery during the day I bought batteries and would have to charge some time every day.

Screen keeps turning back on while calendar notifications displayed-screenshot_20170508-155055.jpg
    05-22-2017 09:36 AM