I just baught my s7 edge 2 and a half weeks ago. Recently i have been losing 3/4 percent in 20 or sth minutes. Like right now. While i close all my recent apps and optimise it again and again. Cleared all cache. And i dont know what else to do. I am using whatsapp facebook and snapchat. But this amount of battery drain is not normal i guess. Need help. And i think i let it discharge a day before yesterday, this has been happening since then
    04-14-2017 02:44 PM
    Hey! Do a factory reset! It help
    04-14-2017 06:41 PM
    From what information you've provided, it could be a lot of things causing your power drain. If the increased drain was caused by allowing the battery to completely discharge, then I'd expect it to get better after a few charging cycles. Yes, it is possible to kill your battery (or monitoring circuit) by letting the battery completely drain. I don't know how likely that is any more. I typically try not to let my battery level drop below 20%. I don't know if that's any magic battery-health number, but that's what I've used as my floor since my first phones. I'm not sure I'd panic about a high drain for a day or two

You said that it started in the last day or so. What changed besides letting the battery run down? Did you load an app? An OS update? Sometimes, it could be the network provider having tower trouble in your vicinity. That makes the phone work harder to maintain a network connection.

From experience, Facebook is a resource hog. Uninstall the app (and the widget) and try using the mobile site. If you use the Chrome browser, I understand that you can even set it up for notifications through the mobile site. I've not tried it, but it made a huge difference for my wife's phone. I've read that Snapchat is a hog as well. If there is a mobile site for Snapchat, then try that too.

You can follow this general troubleshooting list if dumping the hogs doesn't do the trick.

1. I'd identify what recently changed. If it was a new app, then unload it. Then reboot and watch your power.

2. If that doesn't fix the drain, then you need to identify if the cause is a rogue app or something possibly hardware related. Boot the phone into safe mode. That will load just the system and the factory-installed apps, and uses default system settings. You won't lose any data or your downloaded apps, they just won't load. Run like that for a few days and see if things improve. If yes, then you have an app or settings problem. If no, then you may have a hardware issue or a corrupt system load.

3. To fix a bad system load, you'll use a factory data reset (FDR). That will wipe everything from the phone and make it like you just took it from the box. You'll have to start all over again, but it would be a clean OS install from the device. Your carrier may also have provided a PC application for doing updates and such. If so, you should be able to use that to download a new copy of the latest OS for your phone and install it. If your carrier did not preinstall it on your phone, grab SmartSwitch from Samsung. You can use that too.

Good luck. There is all kinds of help here if you have questions.
    pontiac005 likes this.
    04-14-2017 06:52 PM