Recently (perhaps since the last major OS upgrade) my Galaxy S7 Edge becomes unresponsive and very laggy on a daily basis. The issue is not restricted to a single application. The only solution I have found is to force a reset, let it start as normal, and away it goes. Until the next time. I would like to know how I go about fault finding this, in particular is there anything I can do to check for problems after the fact, i.e. after I have re-booted the phone.
    04-18-2017 06:45 AM
    🙋
    First, try this:
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=558872
    04-18-2017 07:26 AM
    Are you referring to a factory reset? If not, maybe wipe the cache?
    04-18-2017 10:52 AM
    Recently (perhaps since the last major OS upgrade) my Galaxy S7 Edge becomes unresponsive and very laggy on a daily basis. The issue is not restricted to a single application. The only solution I have found is to force a reset, let it start as normal, and away it goes. Until the next time. I would like to know how I go about fault finding this, in particular is there anything I can do to check for problems after the fact, i.e. after I have re-booted the phone.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I finally resorted to uninstalling apps one at a time to see if there was one specific cause of the problem. It turns out that it was the "Keeper" application. As soon as I'd laboriously copied down all the secret passwords and everything I had in there and uninstalled the app, my phone began working smoothly again. Hooray! I just need to find an alternative app soon before I lose that piece of paper...
    04-26-2017 12:19 PM