There is a blue tear drop on my s7 screen wont go away

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
So I had this blue teardrop appear randomly on my s7 edge screen, about halfway down the screen on the right edge, about 1\2 inch in. Teardrop is about a ¹\⁴inch across. No matter what app I open or what page I'm on, the blue drop is still there . Anybody ever seen this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170419-070735.jpg
    Screenshot_20170419-070735.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 182
  • Screenshot_20170419-070726.jpg
    Screenshot_20170419-070726.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What happens if you tap it or press and hold it? I see a little tab to the right of it, so it looks like you can expand something -- try dragging that dot to the left.

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What happens if you tap it or press and hold it? I see a little tab to the right of it, so it looks like you can expand something -- try dragging that dot to the left.

The tab ur seeing to the side of the droplet is the S7 edge menu. Nothing happens when I click it, can't drag it either. If I rotate my screen however it does move closer to the middle. Other than that it won't move or do anything.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
This is one of those things that has been posted elsewhere and the answer has not been found. If any of you find out what it is please comeback and post it here. Thanks!

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Seems like a glitch. That icon is the keyboard text cursor. You probably find that you have selected a text box in a certain app and it isn't clearing when you close the app. Or that app could be drawing over the top of other apps. Does it go away after you clear your recents? If you open your keyboard and close​ it again, is it gone?

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Agree with beagle82. That icon shows up (although it usually is tilted a bit). If this was happening to me I would wipe the cache partition to see if that helps. If that doesn't help I would temporarily select another keyboard then reboot my phone. Then I would select my preferred keyboard and reboot again.

Mytandroidblogger

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Yes, it's removable. It's a blue GPS raindrop/teardrop trying to locate your current location for an app (lication).

Do the following:
1. Go to home screen and TAP bottom right (APPS), and proceed to SETTINGS.
2. TAP SETTINGS.
3. OPEN CONNECTIONS and TAP BLUETOOTH [2nd option] OFF (Just momentarily)
4. TAP LOCATION [9th option] OFF (Just momentarily) while still in Connections via SETTINGS.
5. In Settings go into NOTIFICATIONS to TURN OFF ALL APPS Getting Notifications (Just temporarily)
6. Last go into Settings, DEVICE MANAGEMENT and FIX ALL that is needed or where you see a number. Once your device is at 90% or higher, BEST @ 100%, THE GPS RAINDROP/TEARDROP IS GONE.

Problem Solved.

Now you can proceed to turn on whatever you want on, such as:
Bluetooth On,
Location On, and
ALL APPS Notifications ON (Pushable).
: )

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would have thought that the GPS icon would point the opposite way (i.e., the round part at the top and the point at the bottom, like the Google Maps location icon).

Al100

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
I've had this. It happens when you use a non standard (eg emoji) keyboard in a messenger app with a floating notification - the Facebook Messenger App in my case.
If you use that keyboard having accessed the message group from the floating notification, and then close down the floating notification, you sometimes get a little blue teardrop! To fix it just reopen the App from its standard icon on the phone's homescreen and you should find it disappears!

Erica Mason

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Seems like a glitch. That icon is the keyboard text cursor. You probably find that you have selected a text box in a certain app and it isn't clearing when you close the app. Or that app could be drawing over the top of other apps. Does it go away after you clear your recents? If you open your keyboard and close​ it again, is it gone?

This is exactly right. I googled what was wrong as this thread came up. Follwed these inductions Abe closed all recent apps. When I closed my Facebook messenger app it went away.

Sean Fanelli

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Do you Facebook messenger? It's been happening to me because it closes the chat bubble when I'm editing text and it stays, only fix is a reboot untill Facebook can fix it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol