S7 edge. Beeping every minute.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

Have you checked your Accessibility settings and see if you have the notification reminder set up (it re-spawns notification alerts when you have unread notifications on a set time interval). What about booting up your phone in Safe Mode? Does it do it there? If not, then it's an app causing the issue.

Lyra1963

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Still beeping every minute in safe mode. And when typing in the text message box, the app minimized and refreshes while I'm typing. My battery is draining FAST.

Last edited:

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Try and wipe cache..

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key.
When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
Press the Volume Down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
Press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.

Lyra1963

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Already wiped cache before going to safe mode. I turned every notification off except for Messages, but I'll check service alerts again. Phone is acting weird in general. Have to keep keep it on silent and charge it in the afternoon; losing approx 10%+ per hour.

Lyra1963

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
All system notifications are off. Sill rings every 60 seconds, which is not the timing for any setting that has a time setting but is turned off.

Lyra1963

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
I think I found it! My cell was paired to my house phone. It may have unlinked and was trying to reconnect. I unpaired the 2 and haven't had a ring in 3 minutes!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think I found it! My cell was paired to my house phone. It may have unlinked and was trying to reconnect. I unpaired the 2 and haven't had a ring in 3 minutes!

Ah, I forgot about this!!! Yeah, incoming BT connections will cause your phone to beep uncontrollably. It also happens if you name your device the same way as a previous connection (say, for instance, you always name your phone MCLOVIN and then you change phones but use the same name... your BT device might still try to connect but since they're not paired anymore, your phone will just start beeping and vibrating).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670