Guys i am getting the VR at half the price as a promotion. I have the s7 edge. Is it still worth it?

Also i believe it is using the oculus platform which means it can access only the oculus/s7 edge suite of apps? right?

I don't want to get this thing and then it becomes a gadget just lying around the house. The HTC VIVE and LG VR have different set of apps/app store?

I heard theres a new rick and morty game VR for steam. Can i access that on my S7 edge. I saw pewdewpie playing it using the VIVE

Hasn't google made a common VR store/Play VR Store for all the platforms?
    04-28-2017 08:14 AM
    It depends on whether or not you use VR. Is it worth it? Yes, if you use VR. For most of us, it's a cool thing that came bundled with our phones and use a few times during the novelty period. The controller will help make more use of it, but unless you know you like VR, it might not be worth full price (but at 50% off it's not a bad choice).

Yes, it's based off of Oculus, but you don't have access to Rift games, just those specifically ported to the Samsung VR platform. There is a 'hack' that allows you to use Google Cardboard's apps and games on the VR as well (that's the Google Play Store VR section, but it's for their 'global' platform, which is in itself incompatible with the VR); you'll have to install an app and manually install apps onto your VR.

To the best of my knowledge, Rick and Morty's VR Game is only available for PC platforms from Oculus (Rift and Vive)
    04-28-2017 08:37 AM
    SpookDroid...is the controller that's available now with the 3rd generation VR compatible with the 2nd generation VR that we got with our Note 7s?
    04-28-2017 08:45 AM
    Yup, the controller is available (or will be, not sure if it's already on sale) to be used with previous VR headsets.
    French likes this.
    04-28-2017 12:24 PM
    Thank you! That will make the experience so much better!
    04-29-2017 05:28 PM