Deadly laggy, slow, S7 Edge

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
A friend of mine has a S7E, just a few months old. It was fine for her until the Android 7.0 update. It's been suoer laggy, slow since then (a few weeks ago).
Very few apps installed, however lots of pictures (told her to move those to tge SD card).
Did all the usual checks and things, including wiping the cache. Still no go.
Right now her old S6E is much faster.
Any thoughts?

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been laggy too since the 7.0 update. Only 6 months old, big lag taking pictures, gets stuck on apps, etc. Did factory reset and clear cache partition. Not happy

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Frustrating. Seems a half baked version to me, so many issues. Lot of people going back to Marshmallow... I've never heard so many complaints in other android versions as this one!
Google is already cooking O! They really should fix this one first huh...

mnc76

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Factory Reset.

She needs to save her data and app login info, then factory reset the phone.

Do not use any cloud backups ti restore your apps or settings!!

Instead, manually reinstall the apps from the play store and re-login to everything. This can be tricky since Google and Samsung cloud backups will try to import your old settings automatically. Decline all restore options.

I had the same issue and this totally totally fixed everything. Nougat on my S7 edge is every bit as fast as Marshmallow. Before the reset it jerky, laggy, and slow.

Yes. It is a huge pain to do it this way, but I haven't found any other way to get my performance back. Deleting app and system caches didn't help.

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Remove the SD and replace it with a new one. Move all the photos to the SD card. Delete the photos from the phone. Unmount/remove the SD card.

Manually clear the cache on Google, Play Store, Google Play Services and any other Google Play apps (Google Play Music, Movies & TV, etc). Clear the cache on Knox, if available. If you have the Carrier Services app, clear the cache on that. Also clear the cache on any carrier-installed apps (such as My Verizon). Manually clear the cache on any Samsung apps you have installed. (Samsung Pay, etc).

Once all that's done, reboot the phone. Let it sit for a bit. Turn the phone off and then do a standard clear cache partition. Once the phone reboots, let it be.

After 10-15 minutes, see if it's any better. If it's not, then I think a factory data reset may be the best option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC