My phone has started beeping over notification noises since the OS update. It beeps twice, about 5s apart, and does this on top of all notification sounds - default, FB, messenger, even when connecting the charger.

I haven't noticed it beeping again if I leave it so this isn't the reminder, and that isn't turned on anyway.

Checked all settings and found nothing.

Cleared cache and power cycled a bunch of times and nothing works.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    04-29-2017 01:53 PM
    You said that you cleared the cache. The system cache by booting into recovery? If not, that's the one you want.

It sounds like you may have a second notification service partially running in the background. Safe mode might be a good way to isolate that. If that doesn't work, then your issue likely isn't an app or setting.

If the issue is software-related, then you are left with two choices. The first would be the factory data reset. That will wipe the apps and data from your phone and make it like you just took the phone from the box (with Nougat). Then you set it up from scratch. Resist the temptation to restore from the cloud backup. If your issue WAS an app or setting, you could load it right back onto the phone.

The second option is to consider that your update was fouled up. You said that the issue started after the OS update. It's possible that your update file (the downloaded file) could have been corrupted or didn't correctly load. If that's the issue, then the fix is to reload the OS. Your carrier may have included a software update and recovery utility for your PC. If they didn't, Samsung's Smart Sync for the PC should work too. Both will identify the OS that you need, then download and install it.
    04-29-2017 03:08 PM