I am considering about upgrading to the Galaxy S7 Edge from my Galaxy S5. I do have a few questions for you guys though that already own the phone! I do really love my S5, but I will have had it for 2 years now in May and feel that it's time for something new.

1. Software - I had the regular Galaxy S7 awhile back and honestly, I did not like it. I had all kind of errors/connection issues. I returned mine, but my wife still has the S7 and has no issues at all. Maybe I got a lemon?

2. Screen issues - I've heard lots of people complaining about issues with the screen like dead pixels or random lines appearing on the screen that don't go away. Has anybody here personally experienced anything like that? I'm not planning to play any games or anything like that on the phone, just every day things like texts, calls, web browsing, youtube etc.

3. Battery life - This is one thing I hated as well about the regular S7 compared to my current S5... The battery life. How good is the battery? Because I heard that the battery is bigger than the regular S7.

4. Cases and Glass Screen Protectors - I have heard LOTS about how easily this phone is damaged from drops. I don't want to buy a 500 dollar phone only to have it dropped the next week and broken. I know what case I'm planning to use. Spigen. Love them and always had complete protection, but the design of the S7E means I would need a little more... Any ideas on a reliable Glass Screen protector?

Any time I use this phone, I enjoy it much more than the regular S7 but all the negatives have scared me away from purchasing it. It seems as if the S7 itself does have more steady positive reviews everywhere I look compared to the Edge version. But currently, with my carrier, T-mobile, the S7E is 480 right now while the S7 is 576 dollars. I can't see paying that much phone a phone.
    04-30-2017 10:12 AM
    I am using an S7E on Verizon. I have no software nor connectivity issues (in fact, I'm spoiled by the Verizon coverage compared to what I had with Sprint over the years).

My screen is good, no dead pixels or other defects. As I recall, most manufacturers do have a dead-pixel threshold, though, so if you get a display with one or two unresponsive pixels, they may tell you to live with it. If T-mobile offers insurance on the phone, it may be worth it just for that reason, if not for your concern about breakage.

The battery on my phone lasts me the whole day, for the most part, though I don't have Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or GPS on most of the time nor running power-hungry apps (looking at you, Facebook).

I use a Unicorn Beetle case with a vinyl screen-protector, and have dropped the phone a good dozen times with no ill-effects.
    04-30-2017 10:41 AM
    I've had my Galaxy Edge 7 for about 7 months now. I've owned the Galaxy 5 and Galaxy 6 Edge in the past. My Galaxy 7 Edge is a great phone. I love it more now that it has Nogant. I had no screen, connectivity or software problems. Battery life has been good.....the most use coming first thing in the morning but it a quick recharge and it lasts into the evening....I turn off bluetooth when not using it and close any running apps. I don't use a screen protector and am very careful with my phone....I plan to upgrade to the Galaxy 8 Edge later this year.
    Dngrsone likes this.
    04-30-2017 01:04 PM
    1. I love the software and use Nova Prime launcher for fantastic experience. Nougat is great...only complaint is the bright white notification shade.
    2. I did have an issue with the pink line on the right side of my screen. It started about 9 months after I got my phone. I decided to put up with it until my 1 yr warranty was almost done...so, I turned in my phone (with merely 3 days left on the warranty) and got replacement phone with a 90 day warranty.
    3. Battery - awesome! Its hard to determine what your experience will be (We ALL use our phones so very differently) but I will say that in comparison to my S5, I probably get about 50-60% longer life with the S7 Edge! Take advantage of all the threads out there with tips on how to maximize battery life with out minimize the awesomeness of a smartphone!
    4. I don't currently use a screen protector at all (just too frustrated with finding one that worked for more than a few weeks) BUT I do use a Spigen Rugged Armour case, which is perfect for me...great protection with minimal bulk. note - I am very careful with my phone and 90% of the time its on my desk next to me OR in my pocket.

I love the S7 Edge and honestly don't find any compelling reason to get the S8!
    Dngrsone likes this.
    05-01-2017 07:19 AM
    I had upgraded to the S7E from the S5 and it was a great phone. Had no issues with connectivity or screen issues. The phone has been good to me for the year that I had it (I have the S8+ now and gave my S7E to my mom). As for screen protectors, I never found a good one. Never tried glass because I have heard so many bad reviews on whatever glass screen protectors were available. I kept mine in a case and no scratches on the screen or anywhere else on the phone. I have no doubt that you will like the S7E in comparison to the S5 and even the regular S7
    05-01-2017 07:26 AM