Current S7 edge Battery Life Thread

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
This is the battery stats from my Verizon S7 edge running Nougat. This phone is a little over a year old.

I would be interested to see how people's battery's are holding up. Please post your battery stats below with a screenshot of usage and screen on time. Also state how old your phone is and what OS is installed.

Any comments are more than welcome also. Thank you!
d6885e6f3e4920bc914627b5337491ce.jpg
06e31a3f7ad8b853b2c7df76aed97844.jpg

Last edited:

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Current S7 edge Battery Life

This is the battery stats from my Verizon S7 edge running Nougat. This phone is a little over a year old.

I would be interested to see how people's battery's are holding up. Please post your battery stats below with a screenshot of usage and screen on time. Also state how old your phone is and what OS is installed.

Any comments are more than welcome also. Thank you!
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170501/d6885e6f3e4920bc914627b5337491ce.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170501/06e31a3f7ad8b853b2c7df76aed97844.jpg

Curious what settings you have

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

Hey drusum,

I have no special settings. I have WiFi, data, location, sync, AOD always turned on, never touch them.

I did uninstall or disable all Verizon bloatware, via application manager in settings, except for My Verizon and Voicemail. I have 115 apps installed. I do not install known battery sapping apps like Facebook, Snapchat, etc. I don't play any games.

I did a factory reset after upgrading to Nougat 2 months ago. I did not do a restore, I installed everything from scratch.

I am using Nova Launcher, but have not seen any noticeable difference over TouchWiz. I average between 11-15 hours on battery with 5-7 1/2 hours screen on time.

I really don't have any special settings or have done anything special. I cannot think of anything else. If I missed something, don't hesitate to ask.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

I'm not happy with my stats in general but I will say that the ones I posted I had used Samsung Health to track a 33 minute walk. I know that's hard on the battery since it's using GPS constantly. I'm really missing My Places though...as I had WiFi turning off when out and about and at my boyfriend's (he doesn't have a WiFi connection). My phone always wants to connect to Xfinity when it detects it.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

I'm not happy with my stats in general but I will say that the ones I posted I had used Samsung Health to track a 33 minute walk. I know that's hard on the battery since it's using GPS constantly. I'm really missing My Places though...as I had WiFi turning off when out and about and at my boyfriend's (he doesn't have a WiFi connection). My phone always wants to connect to Xfinity when it detects it.
If you go into the advanced settings within your WiFi settings there are a few options there that you might like to toggle, one of them will prevent that annoying Xfinity connect notification from displaying. You can access those settings by tapping on the 3 dots within the WiFi settings.

Just try to remember the 3 dots whenever you are in an area of settings that displays them. Samsung likes to tuck away a lot of very useful options in thereツ

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
One more thing I just wanted to say to everyone. Don't ever worry that you are not getting the same battery life as someone else. It varies so much from user to user depending on their usage pattern, apps installed, etc.

Here is a nice tip from one of my respected buddies @bandofbrothers2112. Just try to turn off the percentage indicator and enjoy your phone☺️

Last edited:

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks LineKill...I actually have those settings turned off. It's more that I don't want it to even try to be connecting. I liked knowing WiFi was just off in certain environments. I have Tasker and even somehow managed to set up some voice commands...but it's definitely an advanced application and I haven't gotten to where I've figured out how to set up geo based settings. I think Tasker can do the trick for me I just have to figure it out. My needs are pretty simple. WiFi on at home and off everywhere else. Then I can manually turn it on if I need it.

Your friend's advice is good. I wish I wasn't so obsessed...but I may have to bite the bullet and try it.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
@drusum, there is one thing I forgot to mention that few others do. I restart my phone once a day when I put it on the charger. This not only keeps the phone running smoothly, but seems to help with battery life as well.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
On WiFi I get somewhere between 6 and 7 hours SOT, mobile data is an hour less. Battery life was still better on MM if I'm honest

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
On WiFi I get somewhere between 6 and 7 hours SOT, mobile data is an hour less. Battery life was still better on MM if I'm honest

If it makes you feel any better I've NEVER seen more than 4 hours SOT and that's very, very rare. But I agree...battery seemed better on MM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes