I've gone from a Galaxy Note 3 where I had problems using Android Pay, to an S7 Edge, where I am experiencing the same issues.

It's very hit and miss and works 50% of the time. I hold it in the same way and don't understand why it works sometimes and not others.

Someone was in front of me in the queue at the supermarket the other day and they had an iPhone, using it to pay with Apple Pay. I watched the angle he had his phone and ensured I did the same.

When I tried to use Android Pay, again it didn't work.

Is Android Pay just poor? Is it Samsung? Is it me? I fail to see how I can be that bad at hovering/tapping a phone on a pay point, but I guess it may be me.
    05-01-2017 02:20 PM
    I do not use Android Pay, in fact I have it disabled. I don't usually tell people to use another app, but this is a little different. If your bank supports Samsung Pay you should definitely check it out. It works very well and is miles above Android Pay. If your bank does not support it, I am sorry and maybe someone can help you out with Android Payツ
    WalkingHorse likes this.
    05-01-2017 02:35 PM
    I've never used Android Pay I always stuck with Samsung Pay and it works everywhere that accepts credit cards it's such an awesome feature. You should try that out instead.
    05-01-2017 02:45 PM
    I think we get Samsung pay in the UK sometime this month so will check it out. Thanks
    05-01-2017 03:13 PM
    I think we get Samsung pay in the UK sometime this month so will check it out. Thanks
    Oh yeah, the UK is a little late to the Samsung Pay game. I have also heard that it will be coming there very soon. Hopefully you will be able to take advantage of it. It is one of the things that has me locked into the Samsung ecosystem. Their reward system is really nice, it is not based on money spent, instead it is transactions made. Also with it working wherever you can swipe a card, it is very nice indeedツ
    05-01-2017 03:52 PM
    Not excited about it tbh. It offers nothing over Android Pay here as far as I'm aware. Differ in the US where they still use antiquated mag strips and chip and pin where we moved to chip and pin only years ago.
    05-01-2017 04:04 PM
    I'll check it out when it's out in the UK, but for us I can't imagine it will be any different to Android Pay. The only way we'd use it in the UK is for its NFC capabilities and Android Pay obviously has that covered. We haven't swiped credit/debit cards for 15+ years.
    05-03-2017 01:31 AM
    I'll check it out when it's out in the UK, but for us I can't imagine it will be any different to Android Pay. The only way we'd use it in the UK is for its NFC capabilities and Android Pay obviously has that covered. We haven't swiped credit/debit cards for 15+ years.
    Yeah, I can see where your coming from. The advantage of Samsung Pay is the ability to use it wherever you can swipe, which is prevalent here. Samsung Pay does have a very nice reward system though.
    05-03-2017 03:58 AM
    So I'll have the same issues with Samsung pay as Android pay?

Does anyone else have the hit n miss android pay issues? Should android pay work anywhere you can tap and go with a card?

Sorry I meant contactless
    05-03-2017 01:55 PM
    Samsung Pay is great in the U.S. Much better than Android or Apple pay. With Samsung Pay I always keep my NFC turned off and it still works.
    05-04-2017 11:52 AM
    Samsung Pay is great in the U.S. Much better than Android or Apple pay. With Samsung Pay I always keep my NFC turned off and it still works.
    Same here. Never turned on NFC. The machines in my area still must be using the swipe method. I even use a Finger Ring holder attached to rear of phone. It still works.
    05-04-2017 08:49 PM
    I've gone from a Galaxy Note 3 where I had problems using Android Pay, to an S7 Edge, where I am experiencing the same issues.

It's very hit and miss and works 50% of the time. I hold it in the same way and don't understand why it works sometimes and not others.

Someone was in front of me in the queue at the supermarket the other day and they had an iPhone, using it to pay with Apple Pay. I watched the angle he had his phone and ensured I did the same.

When I tried to use Android Pay, again it didn't work.

Is Android Pay just poor? Is it Samsung? Is it me? I fail to see how I can be that bad at hovering/tapping a phone on a pay point, but I guess it may be me.
    It's you. The NFC antenna can be connected by tapping the rear, top end of the phone against the payment point area. Never had an issue doing this
    05-07-2017 07:45 PM
    Thanks. So you mean the hinge area? So I do it at an angle and touch the hinge to the terminal?
    05-08-2017 04:18 PM