About a week ago, my S7 Edge battery started draining very quickly, around 10% an hour with very light, if any, use. It also gets noticeably warmer, again, with very light use. I was getting very good battery life with Nougat prior to this. I have tried clearing app and system cache multiple times, reset settings, and performed a factory reset. After the factory reset, everything was back to normal for a day or two and then the battery drain came back. GSam shows android system at 36.4% and the kernel at 29.2% so it seems like something in the OS is running more than it should. Is there anything else that I can do to try to fix this. This phone is a warranty replacement from about 2 month ago to replace my original S7 edge so I wanted to keep it as long as possible to see if/what the next note would be, but if I can't make it through the day without charging 3 or 4 times, I may have to go ahead and get an s8 now.
    05-05-2017 10:25 AM
    First question would be what did you reinstall after you did the factory reset? Second would be how's your mobile data reception? If the phone has to keep hunting for a data or phone connection that will eat up the battery. Third would be what do you have using location? Are you using wifi at all? Same with that. Last would be, as this is a refurb phone, it could also have problems.
    05-05-2017 12:16 PM
    Also, do you have an SD card installed? If so, have you tried removing it to see if that has an effect (e.g., Media Scanner can go CPU wild at times)?
    05-05-2017 01:04 PM
    I did let most apps reinstall after the reset, since GSam didn't show any apps using a lot of battery, and I've also been watching closely after to make sure that a 3rd party app is running that shouldn't be. As far as mobile data and wifi nothing is drastically different than before the drain started. 90% of the time, I am on the same 3 or 4 wifi networks. I do have a few app using location services, but again, nothing new or anything that updated just before the problem started that would account for the sudden battery drain. I pulled my sd card and restarted the phone and cleared RAM, but that didn't change anything.
    05-05-2017 02:13 PM
    My s7 battery is falling before my eyes. Seems to have started a few days ago. Could something not specific to the phone be going on? (perhaps linked to the reports of broken Google now and play over the last couple days?)
    05-07-2017 11:23 PM
    I don't know if it's the same issue as mine, but I contacted AT&T yesterday and told them everything I had done, told them I thought it was hardwire related hoping to get it covered under warranty. They agreed and are sending me a new phone this week.
    05-08-2017 07:36 AM
    Mine is draining like crazy over the last few days as well. Battery usage stats are useless as usual. Hopefully, this will get fixed soon because it's practically usable. I drained the battery by 10% within 15 minutes of use this morning!
    05-09-2017 08:37 AM