I bought a refurbished S7 Edge last week. I did a factory reset so that i could ensure it was set up as a new phone, nothing was imported from my old backup.

My old phone is a Moto g 3rd gen, i disabled as many apps and systems apps as i could to help with battery life and performance but eventually it still ended up performing slowly. I thought buying a Samsung s7 would give me a lot more performance and i would not need to worry about disabling apps and removing apps etc. I was wrong.

I disabled a few of the obvious ones that i wont use like the microsoft apps and the google apps etc. I installed TomTom satnav app, Textra, Popweramp, Ccleaner, Phone Info.

I noticed that when i type using Textra it was very slow, the other aps were a bit quicker so i removed Texta. My phone still felt slow, apps not opening quickly enough, i disabled facebook, this has improved things again but my phone still does not feel as snappy as it was when i first got it last week.

So what is the secret to installing apps so that it does not slow my phone down? I thought this problem would be gone by now but it seems not. I was using Discomark to benchmark on my last phone but it does not work on Nougat. How can i test the performance of my apps opening and keep my phone snappy?

Is there a tutorial on how to tweak your phone for better battery life and what apps i can disable that wont have a negative impact on my battery or my performance?
    05-07-2017 06:40 AM
    What did you use to Disable those apps? As even the app Disablers cause more damage than they fix.

Stay away from Package Disabler. I would say maybe​ Disable Google Chrome, and use the Samsung browser, and any other Google apps you don't need.

Also, I suggest enabling Developer Options and making animations faster by setting them to 0.5
    05-07-2017 10:55 AM
    Maybe give it a couple of days for the phone to settle first and see if it gets better after that.
    05-08-2017 04:17 AM
    Maybe give it a couple of days for the phone to settle first and see if it gets better after that.
    Ok no problem, is there anyway of measuring or benchmarking with Nougat? Discomark no longer works.

What did you use to Disable those apps? As even the app Disablers cause more damage than they fix.

Stay away from Package Disabler. I would say maybe​ Disable Google Chrome, and use the Samsung browser, and any other Google apps you don't need.

Also, I suggest enabling Developer Options and making animations faster by setting them to 0.5
    I uninstalled or disabled the apps by touching on the icon and selecting uninstall or disable, or i go into the applications in settings and do it from there. Is this an ok way of doing this?

Is the Samsung browser better than chrome, i am used to chrome and i use it on my laptop, is it known to slow down Your phone?

Thanks for the tip on the animation, i changed the animation scale on 3 settings is that correct, the windows do seem to be a bit snappier now.
    05-09-2017 09:57 AM
    Ok no problem, is there anyway of measuring or benchmarking with Nougat? Discomark no longer works.

I uninstalled or disabled the apps by touching on the icon and selecting uninstall or disable, or i go into the applications in settings and do it from there. Is this an ok way of doing this?

Is the Samsung browser better than chrome, i am used to chrome and i use it on my laptop, is it known to slow down Your phone?

Thanks for the tip on the animation, i changed the animation scale on 3 settings is that correct, the windows do seem to be a bit snappier now.
    Yep, sounds like you got it all right.

Yes, in my experience Samsung Browser is far better than Chrome. The Samsung Browser incredibly underrated as a browser, it's so efficient in terms of battery and does not use too much RAM either.
    05-09-2017 11:15 AM
    Yep, sounds like you got it all right.

Yes, in my experience Samsung Browser is far better than Chrome. The Samsung Browser incredibly underrated as a browser, it's so efficient in terms of battery and does not use too much RAM either.
    Ok thanks for the info, i will give the Samsung browser a try and see what i think.
    05-10-2017 06:40 AM