S7 edge restarts while chargine-sd corrupts

Willsamsung

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Hello! New user here.
Been a long time samsung user now but this is my first major problem. So I recently realised the s7 edge which ive had for about 1 year, when I use it In the morning after charging says the usual (something along the lines of) please use swipe pattern, samsung restarted etc. (The usual message you'd recieve when the device restarts) It seems to happen almost everytime, about 10 minutes into the charge, wether plugged in, or wirelessly charging. Now, it doesnt appear to be a 'full restart', the samsung screen never appears, only the 'unlocking symbol'. Takes all of 10 seconds to restart rather than the usual 30 or so.

This wouldn't bother me as its just a simple restart while I'm usually sleeping. However, I now notice my samsung sd card 128gb has been corrupted when I wake up, probably due to the sudden restart thats occuring. (Thank god I have recovery software and was able to recover all of my files on the sd card before a re format). Woke up this moring. Same thing again.
WHAT IS GOING ON!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Not sure what's going on....this is the first I have heard of anything like this. Have you done a cache clear in either settings or recovery?

Willsamsung

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Thanks mate,
Yes I have, I'll do another one now. It's so strange.
Note: it appears to have started around the 7.0 nougat update to the phone. Which was a few weeks ago (?)

UPDATE: after a quick nap, leaving the 'corrupt sd card ' in the phone, no re format, and the phone charging next to me (and doing its random restart thing) as usual. Woke up and the SD card was fine! Readable, all 78gb on there and no problem.... wth is going on.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12