Hey everyone
    Got a quick question about the battery drain on a Samsung S7 Edge,
    Battery Usage: 4H 12M
    Screen on time: 1H 45M

Battery is drained from 100% to 70% in 4 hours with the above usage.
    Does this sound about normal for draining or is it quite high?
    Only really used the phone for whatsapp and browsing a bit of facebook via app,

Screen is set to WQHD and about half or just over on the brightness slider.

any advice would be great, I've not used the samsung for long so wanted to check if this was normal drainage level or if something was wrong.

thanks again
    05-10-2017 07:04 AM
    That's probably a bit faster drain than my S7 was..
    That said, they seem to drop from the full fairly fast, then calm down and last longer than assumed...
    Leedsboi86 likes this.
    05-10-2017 07:16 AM
    If you extrapolate that screen on time, you'll get almost 6 hours, so I'd say that's pretty good. Samsung​ phones have more uniform battery usage, so you won't stay at 100% for a long time and then drop faster when the percentage gets low like some phones.
    Leedsboi86 likes this.
    05-10-2017 07:37 AM
    Should I be worried?
    I did a full factory reset yestrday and set it all up from scratch if that counts towards anything?
    05-10-2017 07:38 AM
    Nah, you got a good one there mate! Enjoy it.
    Leedsboi86 likes this.
    05-10-2017 07:42 AM
    Phew
    I came from an iPhone 6S Plus, That would be at 100% for ages and ages then all of a suddenly drain like crazy!
    Really liking the android system, But wasn't fond of the S8 since they took away the buttons(I like a home button lol)
    Been debating changing it for teh Blackberry KeyOne but I can't decide, As you can tell I know little about phones lol

Would a KeyOne be an upgrade from the S7 Edge?
    05-10-2017 07:47 AM
    Just got to 2 hours screen on time and the battery has dropped from 70 to 65%
    5% for 15 mins of screen on time seems a bit much??
    Phones total up time is 6 Hours now.

Is this still normal or draining too fast?
    05-10-2017 08:49 AM
    Phew
    I came from an iPhone 6S Plus, That would be at 100% for ages and ages then all of a suddenly drain like crazy!
    Really liking the android system, But wasn't fond of the S8 since they took away the buttons(I like a home button lol)
    Been debating changing it for teh Blackberry KeyOne but I can't decide, As you can tell I know little about phones lol

Would a KeyOne be an upgrade from the S7 Edge?
    Battery life wise yes the KEYOne would be an upgrade, but would be a downgrade in every other area
    05-10-2017 10:50 PM
    Battery life wise yes the KEYOne would be an upgrade, but would be a downgrade in every other area
    And in what ways would that be? You folks who are uninformed really need to do your research before talking about stuff you don't know.

These videos prove u wrong in so many ways...

I'd really love to hear your comments after watching them.

For the OP.. If u don't mind the physical keyboard and smaller screen then the keyOne would work for you. Otherwise try Motorola phones as they are known to have really good batteries too and are with virtual keyboards so the screen size should work for u.
    05-19-2017 04:30 PM
    Double post.
    05-19-2017 04:31 PM
    And in what ways would that be? You folks who are uninformed really need to do your research before talking about stuff you don't know.

These videos prove u wrong in so many ways...

I'd really love to hear your comments after watching them.

For the OP.. If u don't mind the physical keyboard and smaller screen then the keyOne would work for you. Otherwise try Motorola phones as they are known to have really good batteries too and are with virtual keyboards so the screen size should work for u.
    Hasn't changed. When the workload got heavier the K1 fell behind in the speedtest, and intend to run many apps background, at the moment I have Tapatalk, Snapchat, Instagram,FB, AccuBattery, WhatsApp, 4 email accounts, Twitter, Samsung Web Browser, Opera Mini and XDA App going, so from that I can see the K1 would get slower for me. The GTA comparison is pointless as the drivers for the game are dated, it always has issues on newer phones every year.

I've seen the K1s images and videos, they are passable but they aren't at Galaxy S7, S8, LG G6 or Google Pixel level.

I'm happy with VKB, not looking for a PKB, so the last video doesn't apply to me personally.
    05-19-2017 04:59 PM
    Hasn't changed. When the workload got heavier the K1 fell behind in the speedtest, and intend to run many apps background, at the moment I have Tapatalk, Snapchat, Instagram,FB, AccuBattery, WhatsApp, 4 email accounts, Twitter, Samsung Web Browser, Opera Mini and XDA App going, so from that I can see the K1 would get slower for me. The GTA comparison is pointless as the drivers for the game are dated, it always has issues on newer phones every year.

I've seen the K1s images and videos, they are passable but they aren't at Galaxy S7, S8, LG G6 or Google Pixel level.

I'm happy with VKB, not looking for a PKB, so the last video doesn't apply to me personally.
    Well you're entitled to your opinion. Seeing vids and pics is one thing... owning the real thing is another. I own a keyOne so my opinion differs.

Either way, you still avoided answering my question. The OP has a different use case than yours that does not involve running so many apps simultaneously like you (even though the keyone manages this very well.. I know cos I have one). As such, your use case is irrelevant.

Thus, the question again..

How exactly is using the keyone a downgrade in every other way? Based on the OP's use case of only using whatsapp, fb for a bit?
    05-20-2017 05:02 AM