Hello all.

I know this problem came up before.

I have a S7 Edge, and have set up the fingerprint option, then after a restart it asked for a password, I know I wasn't ask to set one up, or I would have written it down.

After Googling a bit, I found out that my phone is apparently not registered with Samsung, I have an account and I am sure I did set it up.
    So the Find My Phone option obviously dont work.
    Then I tried the "" Android Manager "" option, I could lock it with a password, but when I try to use this password to unlock my phone it wont work, I am on a 60 min break after every try.

Anyone has any ideas what to do??

Samsung, with me not being the only one, dont you guys thing for a phone with this price tag, you could come up with a better option than a hard reset ??

Would appreciate help !!!

Thanks guys and gals
    05-11-2017 08:46 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! This is strange, because any fingerprint setup will ask you to create a backup password, in case the fingerprint scanner fails. In addition, phones will typically ask you for that backup password intermittently, for increased security (like, for example, when you first power on the phone). Think back -- did you ever set up fingerprint in the past on this phone, or was this the very first time?

If you continue to have problems, consider taking it to your nearest Best Buy and ask the Samsung rep there for direct help.
    05-11-2017 12:48 PM
    Not only may the FPS fail, but so may the finger or fingers, temporarily or otherwise, through injury etc. The manufacturers will have thought of these things; hence the requirement for a backup method.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-11-2017 01:26 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! This is strange, because any fingerprint setup will ask you to create a backup password, in case the fingerprint scanner fails. In addition, phones will typically ask you for that backup password intermittently, for increased security (like, for example, when you first power on the phone). Think back -- did you ever set up fingerprint in the past on this phone, or was this the very first time?

If you continue to have problems, consider taking it to your nearest Best Buy and ask the Samsung rep there for direct help.
    What I wonder is why the lock / unlock password I put into the "Android Device Manager" doesnt work either. I locked it, but when I enter it into the phone, it goes back to the 60 min waiting time.
    05-11-2017 11:41 PM
    Android Device Manager should only let you create a new lockscreen password if the phone didn't already have a screen lock set. Since you already had fingerprint set up, it seems to me that ADM shouldn't have let you create a new password. In these situations, ADM will usually tell you that a new password isn't needed, since the phone is already locked. That didn't happen?

Have you tried bringing it to a Best Buy yet, or are you not near any store?
    05-12-2017 10:01 AM
    I am in the UK

And yes, it does tells me that a new password isn't needed.

Still think Samsung should come up with a better option the a new install.
    05-13-2017 10:17 AM