Hello all
    I'm new to android world I just got s7 edge my model number is smg935fd
    how do I install nougat on my phone is check the phone 3 -4 times but shows you on latest update I'm on its 6.0.1 kindly help
    05-13-2017 02:02 PM
    The release is staggered around the world and with networks etc. Go on sammobile, search software, type the model number in the model field and you will see the latest version for your device. Nougat changed a lot of things, not everyone is happy with it... Just saying
    05-13-2017 09:45 PM
    I think I'd probably wait for a while before trying to load the new firmware. Often, it can take some time for a newly-activated device to register on the appropriate update server. Many folks will tell you that the changes that come with Android 7 aren't worth the potential risk of doing it yourself.

While you CAN load the update yourself with a very easy process, it is also very easy to screw it up and leave your phone unusable. The process will fail if you don't follow it in precise order, so you have to understand how and why the process works as it does and how to recover if things don't work as planned. Also understand that the firmware that you load must be the one intended for your model and region in order to work properly with your network. No mix and match.

Finally, I don't know what the impact would be on any warranty that you have for the phone if you load the new firmware yourself and have an issue that can be traced to an incorrect firmware (or the correct firmware incorrectly loaded).
    05-14-2017 01:31 PM
    It also depends on what network service you are using and whether your phone is unlocked; check with your network carrier. Personally I like the Nougat update.
    05-14-2017 06:38 PM
    If I remember correctly, the phone being locked or unlocked should be irrelevant so long as the OS uses the same baseband as what's already on the device. In this case, the OP is using an unlocked dual-SIM international device (not country or region or carrier specific). The OP will have to use the correct firmware for the region where the phone will be used.

BTW, I like the update as well.
    05-14-2017 06:56 PM
    One piece of unsolicited advice: read up on user experiences thus far before you make the leap to N. There is a great division of opinion on whether Nougat is an improvement over Marshmallow. Personally, I have chosen to stay with 6.0.1, so many are the unhappy souls whose posts I've read here and on other forums. I think Google must know they erred with this release that Android 8.0 ("O" is all the name it seems to have as yet) is already in beta. You might try what I did—go into a store for your provider (if you can) and pick up your phone with Nougat on it; see if within the first minute or so it appeals to you. Take the time to find out whether, for you, it is truly an upgrade. Good luck.
    05-16-2017 07:29 PM