Google Assistant on S7 Edge?

aha

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Yes, just havent used it much..does a lot of things, but doesnt always wake up with voice, then have to hold home button. Sounds cool

How do I know I get it or not? My google app is at 7.1.29.21, but can't find the option to enable Google Assistant in settings.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
How do I know I get it or not? My google app is at 7.1.29.21, but can't find the option to enable Google Assistant in settings.

To check if your phone has Google Assistant long press the home button. A page will pop up saying, "Hi, how can I help."

Attachments

• 47597.jpg
    47597.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 108

aha

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I definitely don't have that... so I guess I have to rely on Rogers to push the update over, which could be in months.

Mattgrossman

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
I definitely don't have that... so I guess I have to rely on Rogers to push the update over, which could be in months.

I'm on Rogers and I have it. I use it daily when I'm driving. "OK Google, navigate me home" "OK Google, open Spotify" you can call people, send text msgs. I have had it for about a month now.

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
Turn your system default language to English(US) and tap and hold home button while connected to internet. You will get Google Assistant. Later you may change back to any other language, your Assistant will stay.

aha

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Rogers and I have it. I use it daily when I'm driving. "OK Google, navigate me home" "OK Google, open Spotify" you can call people, send text msgs. I have had it for about a month now.

I can do that too, I believe that's always there in Google Now.

I think the difference between Google Assistance and Okay Google is, Google Assistant understands context. So you may ask ask about a movie, then ask about who stars in it, and then get the showtime, then get the nearest theatre, all without repeating the movie name.

But again, I have never tried it so don't know how far they have improved Google Assistant in that regard.

Am I right about this?

aha

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Turn your system default language to English(US) and tap and hold home button while connected to internet. You will get Google Assistant. Later you may change back to any other language, your Assistant will stay.

You are right! I tried it and it worked. 👍👍👍

ticketbabe2

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
For some reason, Google Assistant stops working often..the microphone doesn't work (S7 E). Restart doesnt work. Do i need to uninstall S Voice? They've both worked before. Dont know what keeps changing.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I can do that too, I believe that's always there in Google Now.

I think the difference between Google Assistance and Okay Google is, Google Assistant understands context. So you may ask ask about a movie, then ask about who stars in it, and then get the showtime, then get the nearest theatre, all without repeating the movie name.

But again, I have never tried it so don't know how far they have improved Google Assistant in that regard.

Am I right about this?

Yes you are correct.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
For some reason, Google Assistant stops working often..the microphone doesn't work (S7 E). Restart doesnt work. Do i need to uninstall S Voice? They've both worked before. Dont know what keeps changing.

I have S voice and Google Assistant and haven't had any problems with either one. What language are you using?

Mirest

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue too. There is another thread on the forum about this but no responses there as well. For me it's not just Assistant but the actual Google App that stops working simultaneously.

aha

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site

I have this issue too. There is another thread on the forum about this but no responses there as well. For me it's not just Assistant but the actual Google App that stops working simultaneously.

I think I have the same problem... or a similar one.

I have to retrain voice model often because from time to time, maybe once a week, Okay google doesn't get triggered by my voice anymore. Especially in my car or when the headphone is one.

Maybe the voice model trained over the phone's microphone has a different signature than recorded in a car or through the microphone on the headphone?