Sprint swapped out a overheating phone for a phone with camera scratches...

Shinedowngirl87

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Sprint swapped out my phone because it was overheating its a brand new one out of the box but this one has scratches all over the flash and heart rate sensor and a few on the camera. It's affecting the pictures at night. I mean I am pregnant due in September and I'll be taking a lot of pics of the baby and I go to a lot of concerts and take pics and it will affect those pics too. I bought this phone for 802 a year ago specifically for the battery and camera. I have been to Sprint twice since they swapped it for this reason but I gotta talk to the manager tomorrow and I guess it will be their discretion if they swap it or not. A year ago when I took the LG G2 in for overheating they swapped it for one that had camera scratches as well and then replaced the one with camera scratches. This is bs. They gave me a defective phone. Out of the box there should be no scratches. I want them to fix this tomorrow. We have been loyal customers for years at least 10 years. It's ridiculous you gotta pay lot of money for a phone then get crappy service and pay your bill and pay insurance and get treated like this. What would you do?

Shinedowngirl87

May 22, 2017
Visit site
They swapped it out in the store and told me that I'd have to come in tomorrow or sometime this week and talk to the manager about it. Sales representatives said they can't swap it out for just that.

Shinedowngirl87

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Sprint jerked us around. That's the 4th time we had to go to the store this month. They tried to say they couldn't see the scratches. They said last week they saw the scratches then the same guy today said he didn't see them along with the manager. The same guy who saw the scratches last week said that if it began to affect my pictures to bring it back in.

Shinedowngirl87

May 22, 2017
Visit site
The guy who swapped this out tried to say when he gave it to me there was no scratches so basically they are trying to pin it on me. It's their mistake not mine.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
This is reminiscent of so many reports that you see about Sprint. Having said that, there are horror stories about all the carriers.

Sprint can't afford to lose customers right now (like they really ever could). Are you able and ready to dump them and move to another carrier? If you can convince them that you're serious, that threat will often move mountains. Make sure that you can document your claim and don't stretch anything. These folks have undoubtedly made notes in your account. It helps if you have a record of your dealings with them: notes, emails, etc.

I'd bet that if you can't get anywhere in the store, a carefully-worded post on their Facebook and/or Twitter pages will likely get their attention. You don't call or write the company looking for the complaint department anymore. Now it's all done in social media, and often done quickly. Again, don't embellish anything. Keep it short and concise.