How do I re-map the middle button?

A

AC Question

After updating my Galaxy S7 Edge to 7.0, my middle button brings up Google Assist. Previously, it was my home button. How do i re-map the middle button to take me to the home screen? This happens when pressed or held. I don't want to revert back to 6.X. Thank you!

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It must be sticking then. Under normal operation it's one press for home, two presses for camera, three presses for one-hand mode, and hold for Assistant. It must be holding under a short press to be launching assistant all the time.

dbzgod9

May 22, 2017
Visit site
It must be sticking then. Under normal operation it's one press for home, two presses for camera, three presses for one-hand mode, and hold for Assistant. It must be holding under a short press to be launching assistant all the time.

The physical button isn't sticking because it worked great before the update. I'm having a faux-sticking issue with my Bluetooth keyboard as well. Maybe they're related? Is there a sensitivity setting for input?

Thank you all for the insight so far!

dbzgod9

May 22, 2017
Visit site
The issue is fixed! I restarted my phone after failing an attempted cache wipe and now the home button works perfectly. Turns out, ALL my inputs were sticky: volume keys, external keyboard, everything. Now, there's nothing wrong!

Thank you for all the help!

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
The issue is fixed! I restarted my phone after failing an attempted cache wipe and now the home button works perfectly. Turns out, ALL my inputs were sticky: volume keys, external keyboard, everything. Now, there's nothing wrong!

Thank you for all the help!

Glad to see this problem was happily resolved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463