I have recently upgraded to Android 7.0 on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and something funky is going on. Ever since I updated, besides the update reseting literally everything, my SMS messages do not light up my lock screen. I've looked through other threads and none seem to have this problem. Most of them discuss the LED light but the LED light works perfectly fine. I've looked through notification settings and have turned Samsung Messages to priority and that does not seem to fix the problem. Is there something I'm overlooking? Additional question that's not really important: is there a way to prevent my phone prompting me for my pin when I want to turn my phone off? Its a minor detail but largely inconvenient.
    05-27-2017 09:57 PM
    I usually do a cache partition wipe after all updates especially ones as big as Nougat. Try that and see if it irons out your bug....
    05-29-2017 03:31 AM
    Also, for the pin issue. Your phone has to be unlocked when you turn it off, it is a security feature. If you do not want to enter your pin when you turn off your phone you can turn it off from your homescreen and it will not ask for your pin.
    05-29-2017 10:22 AM