my Knox to be terminated

Steven Frost1

May 12, 2017
Visit site
Morning all,
Just had an email saying that my Knox is to be terminated but as of yet no end date has been given.

This is the email.

Hello,

My Knox will no longer be available on new Samsung devices in 2017. You may continue your secure space experience by setting up Secure Folder, available now from Galaxy Apps.

Secure Folder runs on Android N OS or higher versions only. It leverages the defence-grade Samsung Knox security platform to create a private, encrypted space on your Samsung Galaxy phone. Applications and data moved to*Secure Folder*are partitioned separately on the device and gain an additional layer of security and privacy.

To seamlessly transfer your private content between solutions, please back up your My Knox data and restore it to Secure Folder. To back up your My Knox data, go to*My Knox settings > Backup and restore. Remember, a Samsung account is required to use this feature.

You can restore the backup data after setting up Secure Folder. Go to*Secure Folder settings > Backup and restore > Restore.

You may use My Knox until its end-of-service date (which will be announced soon). However, be aware that we will not be actively maintaining the service or adding new features.

Sincerely,
The Samsung Knox Team

Pixelseb

Jun 1, 2017
Visit site
I had exactly the same e-mail.
Smells a bit fishy to me, can't find anything on the www to back this up.

Looks like a way for someone to get acces to your private files via their own created app. Or maybe that's just my paranoia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2