I've been having the same issue transferring videos from my Galaxy S7 Edge to my computer to share on my network to watch on my TV. Unfortunately I don't have a Samsung Smart TV so I have to do this laborus procedure to watch home movies on my network. Streaming them to my Philps TV is 'touchy' at best... although YouTube seems to always work flawlessly.

Anyhow, when I try to transfer files I get 'A connected device is not functioning properly.'

I eventually get it to work by:

*Transferring file to SD card from interlal storage
    *Enable USB debugging
    *Make sure file transfer is selected on Android menu.
    *Not viewing the video on a Player First.
    *Use different USB port and even tried different cable

** Restarting both PC and Phone usually resolves issues.

Just Soooooo fustrating!! Anyone else have these problem. Just stated inast few months.

06-07-2017 11:33 AM
    Shooting in the dark, but does your TV have USB or memory card slots? It also shouldn't matter that much whether the TV is Samsung as this is a protocol issue. Does your TV have the firmware and capability to use USB or memory devices directly?

It actually sounds like the largest road block is your PC, not the TV. You mention 'network'. If you have a router does it have the capability to control a USB device and us it as storage?
    06-07-2017 12:37 PM
    A couple of things. First, I use a Microsoft Display Adapter to cast home videos taken on my S7edge to my TV's. For better quality, I use Solid Explorer to move files back and forth between my phone and my PC over my home network. That works very well.
    06-08-2017 06:58 AM
    Post removed
    06-08-2017 06:58 AM
    try local cast. I use it with my roku and chromecast. I assume you have a smart TV. Are there any apps on the tv like dropbox or Gdrive that allow you to stream directly from them?
    06-08-2017 06:46 PM