Phone switches from bluetooth to speaker for no apparent reason...

danforz

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
All,

I'm having an issue with my bluetooth earpiece. The item was working perfectly fine, up till the recent droid update. Now, I am experiencing a very very annoying problem which seems to be occurring with greater frequency as time goes on.

When I receive an incoming phone call, or when I make an out-going phone call, the phone says the bluetooth is connected BUT still uses the phone's internal microphone and speaker to do the call. So I will pick up my phone, see that blue tooth is connected, dial a number, and instead of hearing the outgoing call on my earpiece, I instead hear it from the phone's ear speaker. The phone's microphone is also working, rather than my earpiece's microphone.

In order to remedy this, I just turn off and on the bluetooth. Once the system reconnects, the earpiece's speaker and microphone are re-engaged. However, WITHOUT CHANGING ANY SETTINGS, a few phone calls later the problem happens again.

It gets even weirder. If I'm in the middle of a call on my earpiece and another incoming call comes through, my phone will switch from earpiece to the cell phone's ear speaker / microphone (even though the bluetooth still says connected). To remedy this, again, I must turn on and off the bluetooth services on my phone or my earpiece. Once it reconnects, back to normal for the time being (but it will happen again soon).

This never happened before the last update. I do not think there is anything wrong with my bluetooth earpiece. I wonder if there is a setting in the phone that makes it revert to using the phone's internal speaker/microphone when a phone call is made / incoming? Maybe this setting got tweaked during the last update?

Any idea why this is happening? It's beginning to disrupt my business.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wiping the cache partition won't erase any personal data. Cached data is temporary data, nothing crucial.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad