Back and recent keys press them self on galaxy s7 edge

Isaac2452

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
So today i went to the pool and decided to take a picture under water, i took the picture and everything was fine but now my recent key on my galaxy s7 edge presses by its self and sometimes the back key is there anything i can do

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there water still on the screen? That's why the screen can't be used underwater since it just conducts and the water makes your screen 'think' you're touching it everywhere there's water.

Also, if the device was submerged further than what the IP68 rating spec defines or the liquid was more corrosive or there was a jet of water present (and if the device hasn't been dropped and the seal compromised), the humidity is probably under the screen and causing the multi-touch input (although I'd think you'd see it if there was).

You can try the 'leave your device in a bowl of dry rice for a day' trick and see if that helps.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So... you opened your phone? The S7 line is enclosed (hence the IP68 Rating) and the water damage sticker isn't user-visible or serviceable. If you have 'checked' it, and that means you opened your phone, the seal is compromised and the waterproofing is no longer valid.

But still, try turning it off, leave it in rice for a day, and try it out. I'd also run the test on the screen (or is it on Developer Mode?) that shows where the screen is 'seeing' touch input to see if you have any 'ghost' input on it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh, forgot about that one! My bad! There are a couple (IIRC) more inside the phone as well, but yeah, the 'main' one is the one you're referring to. My apologies.

Did you try to turn it off and let it sit in rice? Is it still acting up?

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I would put it in rice and leave it for at least 3 days. Or get some get some proper desiccant packets. And leave for 3 days sealed in a bag.

Don't forget if you are swimming with your phone the water pressure can easily exceed the max rating, it's not all about depth.