In your opinion, how long after doing a factory data reset do you think it takes for the battery to settle in and the operating system to settle in?

That is after downloading apps and setting them up. I've read a week and I've read 2 to 3 days. I'm just curious of everyone's opinions.
    06-20-2017 08:25 PM
    I would give it at least a full day or two. If you aren't seeing the battery settle down by then, there may be another issue.
    06-20-2017 10:56 PM
    I don't think whatever issue you've been experiencing will tied to waiting for the battery or the Android operating system on your phone to 'settle in'. A Factory Reset does not do anything to the operating system, it only does one thing -- it wipe the /data partition clean. The /data partition is where all your data and the apps you've installed reside. The operating system is spread out in different, separate partitions reserved only for the operating system. So your operating system, and its links to the battery as the same before the Factory Reset and after. It's only that your data has been deleted (and if you're lucky, maybe some app that was draining off to much or was in some way messing with the power management.) So it just doesn't seem like there's a reason to allow for a 'settling in' period, and yes the phrase itself, "Factory Reset" is definitely a bit of a misnomer. If you do want to go as far as replacing the operating system, that requires you to flash a stock ROM, an entirely process than a Factory Reset..
    06-21-2017 02:12 AM
    Then it seems my gallery app went rogue because I was getting 31% battery usage in 8h 24m 18s the package com.samsung.cmh:CMH was the culprit in Gsam Battery Monitor
    Included packages were
    com.samsung.faceservice
    CMHProvider
    com.samsung.enhanceservice
    com.samsung.dcmservice
    com.samsung.ipservice
    com.samsung.storyservice

My gallery kept doing weird things and all I had been doing was moving a bunch of pictures to different albums and before that editing pictures in Aviary.
    06-21-2017 05:36 PM
    Then it seems my gallery app went rogue because I was getting 31% battery usage in 8h 24m 18s the package com.samsung.cmh:CMH was the culprit in Gsam Battery Monitor
    Included packages were
    com.samsung.faceservice
    CMHProvider
    com.samsung.enhanceservice
    com.samsung.dcmservice
    com.samsung.ipservice
    com.samsung.storyservice

My gallery kept doing weird things and all I had been doing was moving a bunch of pictures to different albums and before that editing pictures in Aviary.

Also...as in package disabling or using a package disabling app...

But what's the point in disabling things when it seems things I went and disabled show up as included packages in Gsam when I go to see what all is running in Android System when I disabled a lot of those packages?
    06-21-2017 06:00 PM