In your experience, do you think that a package disabler is necessary?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Very few things are necessary. Some things are not necessary but are useful to achieve an end result. Don't care about what it does for the battery, didn't buy it for that.

Shinedowngirl87

May 22, 2017
Visit site
But what's the point in disabling things when it seems things I went and disabled show up as included packages in Gsam when I go to see what all is running in Android System when I disabled a lot of those packages? There's no wakelocks from anything disabled but when you look at the included packages in the Android System there are packages I disabled in Package Disabler Pro, so what's the point in disabling them when they are the included packages running?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The app is a disabler, not a remover. You can't remove apps or processes that are part of the OS, or included with it. Don't care what GSAM shows, if you disable an app, and included processes it has, then it won't run. I really don't see why you're getting all heated up over it.

Shinedowngirl87

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Then please tell me how easy one hand is in my stock battery usage when I have it disabled?

What's The Point In Using A Package Disabler Anymore? I Have Been Seeing Things I Disabled In PDP Show Up... But what's the point in disabling things when it seems things I went and disabled show up as included packages and included processes in Gsam when I go to see what all is running in Android System when I disabled a lot of those packages? There's no wakelocks from anything disabled but when you look at the included packages in the Android System there are packages I disabled in Package Disabler Pro, so what's the point in disabling them when they are the included packages running and included processes running? The wakelocks shown are not anything I have disabled. I'll show results tomorrow of battery usage and Gsam results and the apps I use before I charge my phone next time, so hopefully you all can help me pinpoint what is causing the wakelocks in Android System. I did a FDR on Monday due to high android system battery usage. So my phone, operating system, and battery could still be settling in. Right now I have 16h on the battery with Screen at 12% battery and Android System at 11% battery. I'm at 36%. I did restart my phone a few times and take off auto brightness app Lux and tried Velis but uninstalled it and I'm trying stock auto brightness and took PDP off a few times and downloaded it again and disabled packages so that's the reason I will wait until before I charge the phone again. I'm debating on just not using PDP for everything I disabled which includes packages and processes showing up in battery usage in GSAM and just disabling things I don't use that I can't disable in stock. since it doesn't seem to do much good because included packages and processes are showing up in GSAM under things using my battery. I had this before the FDR. Then it seems my gallery app went rogue because I was getting 31% battery usage in 8h 24m 18s the package com.samsung.cmh:CMH was the culprit in Gsam Battery Monitor Included packages were com.samsung.faceservice CMHProvider com.samsung.enhanceservice com.samsung.dcmservice com.samsung.ipservice com.samsung.storyservice My gallery kept doing weird things and all I had been doing was moving a bunch of pictures to different albums and before that editing pictures in Aviary. Now I also had disabled a few of those things causing wakelocks in PDP before the FDR. I just got this phone on June 9th as a replacement for a overheating phone. This is a brand new phone and not reconditioned. I already checked.
Can package disabler pro be causing these wakelocks?
Here's the apps I have downloaded. Accuweather Aviary Chrooma Keyboard Evernote Friendly Gsam Battery Monitor HP ePrint Instagrab Instasize KC Ready Layout Ovia Pregnancy Package Disabler Pro PDP Engine Snapchat WIC Shopper
I do use Instagram and I have disabled Facebook and Messenger since they are obvious battery drainers.
I disabled through stock app manager
Amazon Amazon Kindle Amazon Music Chrome Drive Facebook Game Launcher Google Hangouts Lookout Memo Messenger Photos Play Movies and TV Play Music Prime Photos Prime Video S Health S Voice Samsung Gear Samsung Plus Setup Wizard Sprint Fun and Games Sprint Zone Voice Search
I'm going to try an experiment and re-enabled 162 packages I had disabled in PDP and just disable things I can't disable in stock app manager that are obvious bloatware.
I'm doing that now. I'll post what I disabled in a few minutes.
So I now have 138 packages disabled. Here's what's disabled. <importExportSetting> <disabledPackages class="java.util.ArrayList"> <string>com.monotype.android.font.rosemary</string> <string>com.samsung.oh</string> <string>com.sec.android.widgetapp.samsungapps</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.galaxyfinder</string> <string>com.sec.location.nsflp2</string> <string>com.amazon.clouddrive.photos</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.chromecustomizations</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.aodservice</string> <string>com.sprint.zone</string> <string>com.samsung.svoice.sync</string> <string>com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox</string> <string>com.cnn.mobile.android.phone.edgepanel</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.wfdbroker</string> <string>com.sprint.w.installer</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.withtv</string> <string>com.skms.android.agent</string> <string>com.samsung.android.hmt.vrshell</string> <string>org.simalliance.openmobileapi.service</string> <string>com.samsung.android.easysetup</string> <string>com.sec.android.easyonehand</string> <string>com.sec.factory</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.sbrowseredge</string> <string>com.sec.android.easyMover.Agent</string> <string>com.samsung.faceservice</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.easylauncher</string> <string>com.monotype.android.font.foundation</string> <string>com.samsung.android.email.provider</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.factorykeystring</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.billing</string> <string>com.sec.epdgtestapp</string> <string>com.samsung.android.game.gamehome</string> <string>com.sec.android.daemonapp</string> <string>com.dsi.ant.service.socket</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.soundalive</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.watchmanager</string> <string>com.samsung.SMT</string> <string>com.sec.sprint.wfc</string> <string>com.samsung.android.drivelink.stub</string> <string>com.samsung.hs20provider</string> <string>com.amazon.mp3</string> <string>com.dsi.ant.sample.acquirechannels</string> <string>com.samsung.android.smartface</string> <string>com.android.nfc</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.SecSetupWizard</string> <string>com.locationlabs.sparkle.yellow.pre</string> <string>com.hancom.office.editor.hidden</string> <string>com.samsung.sprint.setupwizard</string> <string>com.google.android.setupwizard</string> <string>com.samsung.android.sdk.professionalaudio.utility.jammonitor</string> <string>com.android.sharedstoragebackup</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.colorblind</string> <string>com.google.android.music</string> <string>com.android.printspooler</string> <string>com.samsung.android.hmt.vrsvc</string> <string>com.android.dreams.basic</string> <string>com.sec.app.samsungprintservice</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.dictionary</string> <string>com.samsung.knox.securefolder</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.talkback</string> <string>com.samsung.android.game.gametools</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.simplesharing</string> <string>com.sec.smartcard.manager</string> <string>com.samsung.android.smartcallprovider</string> <string>com.google.android.apps.docs</string> <string>com.sec.enterprise.mdm.vpn</string> <string>com.samsung.android.weather</string> <string>com.dsi.ant.plugins.antplus</string> <string>com.samsung.android.personalpage.service</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.taskedge</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.advsounddetector</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.mirrorlink</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.vrsetupwizardstub</string> <string>com.android.chrome</string> <string>com.samsung.android.widgetapp.yahooedge</string> <string>com.samsung.android.sm</string> <string>com.google.android.tts</string> <string>com.sprint.ce.updater</string> <string>com.trustonic.tuiservice</string> <string>com.google.android.videos</string> <string>com.sec.spp.push</string> <string>com.dsi.ant.server</string> <string>com.sprint.dsa</string> <string>com.sprint.fng</string> <string>com.samsung.android.allshare.service.fileshare</string> <string>com.samsung.android.universalswitch</string> <string>com.samsung.helphub</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.apex</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.sns3</string> <string>flipboard.boxer.app</string> <string>com.google.android.printservice.recommendation</string> <string>com.google.android.apps.photos</string> <string>com.google.android.syncadapters.calendar</string> <string>com.sec.android.providers.tasks</string> <string>com.monotype.android.font.chococooky</string> <string>com.android.dreams.phototable</string> <string>com.sec.android.service.health</string> <string>com.samsung.safetyinformation</string> <string>com.facebook.katana</string> <string>com.amazon.avod.thirdpartyclient</string> <string>com.samsung.app.highlightplayer</string> <string>com.samsung.enhanceservice</string> <string>com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks</string> <string>com.samsung.android.keyguardwallpaperupdator</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.accesscontrol</string> <string>com.android.wallpaper.livepicker</string> <string>com.samsung.android.beaconmanager</string> <string>com.sec.enterprise.mdm.services.simpin</string> <string>com.android.apps.tag</string> <string>com.facebook.orca</string> <string>com.amazon.mShop.android</string> <string>com.facebook.system</string> <string>com.samsung.android.oneconnect</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.quicktool</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.shealth</string> <string>com.sprint.psdg.sw</string> <string>com.samsung.android.samsungpass</string> <string>com.samsung.android.scloud</string> <string>com.samsung.android.spayfw</string> <string>com.samsung.android.spay</string> <string>com.samsung.android.dlp.service</string> <string>com.samsung.android.bbc.bbcagent</string> <string>com.samsung.android.nearby.mediaserver</string> <string>com.samsung.android.voicewakeup</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.watchmanagerstub</string> <string>com.enhance.gameservice</string> <string>com.google.android.talk</string> <string>com.android.wallpaperbackup</string> <string>com.sec.svoice.lang.es_US</string> <string>com.lookout</string> <string>com.sprint.ms.smf.services</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.appsedge</string> <string>com.samsung.android.sdk.handwriting</string> <string>com.facebook.appmanager</string> <string>com.samsung.voiceserviceplatform</string> <string>com.samsung.aasaservice</string> <string>com.samsung.android.allshare.service.mediashare</string> <string>com.amazon.kindle</string> </disabledPackages> </importExportSetting>
Sorry I'm not sure how to get a xml file to show on here.

Last edited:

Shinedowngirl87

May 22, 2017
Visit site
What's The Point In Using A Package Disabler Anymore? I Have Been Seeing Things I Disabled In PDP Show Up... But what's the point in disabling things when it seems things I went and disabled show up as included packages and included processes in Gsam when I go to see what all is running in Android System when I disabled a lot of those packages? There's no wakelocks from anything disabled but when you look at the included packages in the Android System there are packages I disabled in Package Disabler Pro, so what's the point in disabling them when they are the included packages running and included processes running? The wakelocks shown are not anything I have disabled. I'll show results tomorrow of battery usage and Gsam results and the apps I use before I charge my phone next time, so hopefully you all can help me pinpoint what is causing the wakelocks in Android System. I did a FDR on Monday due to high android system battery usage. So my phone, operating system, and battery could still be settling in. Right now I have 16h on the battery with Screen at 12% battery and Android System at 11% battery. I'm at 36%. I did restart my phone a few times and take off auto brightness app Lux and tried Velis but uninstalled it and I'm trying stock auto brightness and took PDP off a few times and downloaded it again and disabled packages so that's the reason I will wait until before I charge the phone again. I'm debating on just not using PDP for everything I disabled which includes packages and processes showing up in battery usage in GSAM and just disabling things I don't use that I can't disable in stock. since it doesn't seem to do much good because included packages and processes are showing up in GSAM under things using my battery. I had this before the FDR. Then it seems my gallery app went rogue because I was getting 31% battery usage in 8h 24m 18s the package com.samsung.cmh:CMH was the culprit in Gsam Battery Monitor Included packages were com.samsung.faceservice CMHProvider com.samsung.enhanceservice com.samsung.dcmservice com.samsung.ipservice com.samsung.storyservice My gallery kept doing weird things and all I had been doing was moving a bunch of pictures to different albums and before that editing pictures in Aviary. Now I also had disabled a few of those things causing wakelocks in PDP before the FDR. I just got this phone on June 9th as a replacement for a overheating phone. This is a brand new phone and not reconditioned. I already checked.
Can package disabler pro be causing these wakelocks?
Here's the apps I have downloaded. Accuweather Aviary Chrooma Keyboard Evernote Friendly Gsam Battery Monitor HP ePrint Instagrab Instasize KC Ready Layout Ovia Pregnancy Package Disabler Pro PDP Engine Snapchat WIC Shopper
I do use Instagram and I have disabled Facebook and Messenger since they are obvious battery drainers.
I disabled through stock app manager
Amazon Amazon Kindle Amazon Music Chrome Drive Facebook Game Launcher Google Hangouts Lookout Memo Messenger Photos Play Movies and TV Play Music Prime Photos Prime Video S Health S Voice Samsung Gear Samsung Plus Setup Wizard Sprint Fun and Games Sprint Zone Voice Search
I'm going to try an experiment and re-enabled 162 packages I had disabled in PDP and just disable things I can't disable in stock app manager that are obvious bloatware.
I'm doing that now. I'll post what I disabled in a few minutes.
So I now have 137 packages disabled. Here's what's disabled. <importExportSetting> <disabledPackages class="java.util.ArrayList"> <string>com.monotype.android.font.rosemary</string> <string>com.samsung.oh</string> <string>com.sec.android.widgetapp.samsungapps</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.galaxyfinder</string> <string>com.sec.location.nsflp2</string> <string>com.amazon.clouddrive.photos</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.chromecustomizations </string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.aodservice</string> <string>com.sprint.zone</string> <string>com.samsung.svoice.sync</string> <string>com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox</string> <string>com.cnn.mobile.android.phone.edgepanel</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.wfdbroker</string> <string>com.sprint.w.installer</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.withtv</string> <string>com.skms.android.agent</string> <string>com.samsung.android.hmt.vrshell</string> <string>org.simalliance.openmobileapi.service</string> <string>com.samsung.android.easysetup</string> <string>com.sec.android.easyonehand</string> <string>com.sec.factory</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.sbrowseredge</string> <string>com.sec.android.easyMover.Agent</string> <string>com.samsung.faceservice</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.easylauncher</string> <string>com.monotype.android.font.foundation</string> <string>com.samsung.android.email.provider</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.factorykeystring</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.billing</string> <string>com.sec.epdgtestapp</string> <string>com.samsung.android.game.gamehome</string> <string>com.sec.android.daemonapp</string> <string>com.dsi.ant.service.socket</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.soundalive</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.watchmanager</string> <string>com.samsung.SMT</string> <string>com.sec.sprint.wfc</string> <string>com.samsung.android.drivelink.stub</string> <string>com.samsung.hs20provider</string> <string>com.amazon.mp3</string> <string>com.dsi.ant.sample.acquirechannels</string> <string>com.samsung.android.smartface</string> <string>com.android.nfc</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.SecSetupWizard</string> <string>com.locationlabs.sparkle.yellow.pre</string> <string>com.hancom.office.editor.hidden</string> <string>com.samsung.sprint.setupwizard</string> <string>com.google.android.setupwizard</string> <string>com.samsung.android.sdk.professionalaudio. utility.jammonitor</string> <string>com.android.sharedstoragebackup</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.colorblind</string> <string>com.google.android.music</string> <string>com.android.printspooler</string> <string>com.samsung.android.hmt.vrsvc</string> <string>com.android.dreams.basic</string> <string>com.sec.app.samsungprintservice</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.dictionary</string> <string>com.samsung.knox.securefolder</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.talkback</string> <string>com.samsung.android.game.gametools</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.simplesharing</string> <string>com.sec.smartcard.manager</string> <string>com.samsung.android.smartcallprovider</string> <string>com.google.android.apps.docs</string> <string>com.sec.enterprise.mdm.vpn</string> <string>com.samsung.android.weather</string> <string>com.dsi.ant.plugins.antplus</string> <string>com.samsung.android.personalpage.service </string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.taskedge</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.advsounddetector </string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.mirrorlink</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.vrsetupwizardstu b</string> <string>com.android.chrome</string> <string>com.samsung.android.widgetapp.yahooedge</string> <string>com.samsung.android.sm</string> <string>com.google.android.tts</string> <string>com.sprint.ce.updater</string> <string>com.trustonic.tuiservice</string> <string>com.google.android.videos</string> <string>com.sec.spp.push</string> <string>com.dsi.ant.server</string> <string>com.sprint.dsa</string> <string>com.sprint.fng</string> <string>com.samsung.android.allshare.service.files hare</string> <string>com.samsung.android.universalswitch</string> <string>com.samsung.helphub</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.apex</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.sns3</string> <string>flipboard.boxer.app</string> <string>com.google.android.printservice.recommenda tion</string> <string>com.google.android.apps.photos</string> <string>com.google.android.syncadapters.calendar </string> <string>com.sec.android.providers.tasks</string> <string>com.monotype.android.font.chococooky</string> <string>com.android.dreams.phototable</string> <string>com.sec.android.service.health</string> <string>com.samsung.safetyinformation</string> <string>com.facebook.katana</string> <string>com.amazon.avod.thirdpartyclient</string> <string>com.samsung.app.highlightplayer</string> <string>com.samsung.enhanceservice</string> <string>com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks</string> <string>com.samsung.android.keyguardwallpaperupdat or</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.accesscontrol</string> <string>com.android.wallpaper.livepicker</string> <string>com.samsung.android.beaconmanager</string> <string>com.sec.enterprise.mdm.services.simpin</string> <string>com.android.apps.tag</string> <string>com.facebook.orca</string> <string>com.amazon.mShop.android</string> <string>com.facebook.system</string> <string>com.samsung.android.oneconnect</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.quicktool</string> <string>com.sec.android.app.shealth</string> <string>com.sprint.psdg.sw</string> <string>com.samsung.android.samsungpass</string> <string>com.samsung.android.scloud</string> <string>com.samsung.android.spayfw</string> <string>com.samsung.android.spay</string> <string>com.samsung.android.dlp.service</string> <string>com.samsung.android.bbc.bbcagent</string> <string>com.samsung.android.nearby.mediaserver</string> <string>com.samsung.android.voicewakeup</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.watchmanagerstub </string> <string>com.enhance.gameservice</string> <string>com.google.android.talk</string> <string>com.android.wallpaperbackup</string> <string>com.sec.svoice.lang.es_US</string> <string>com.lookout</string> <string>com.sprint.ms.smf.services</string> <string>com.samsung.android.app.appsedge</string> <string>com.samsung.android.sdk.handwriting</string> <string>com.facebook.appmanager</string> <string>com.samsung.voiceserviceplatform</string> <string>com.samsung.aasaservice</string> <string>com.samsung.android.allshare.service.media share</string> <string>com.amazon.kindle</string> </disabledPackages> </importExportSetting>
Sorry I'm not sure how to get a xml file to show on here.

I only enabled Google Drive to upload the xml file so I could post it on here. It's now disabled again.

Last edited:

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't use a package disabler; I don't think it is necessary. I go into the app manager and disable built-in apps that I don't use or need.

Shinedowngirl87

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Please be nice and respectful. I'm just trying to get long battery life between charges and trying to figure out the wakelocks. A lot of people here, XDA, and Redidit do the same thing. Please have some respect. I didn't mean to post the last post twice.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Ive used Package Disabler Pro to disable the system updates. I want to see one of my S7 Edge phones on 6.0.

I've also used it to disable Samsung Pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463