August Smart Lock with S7 Edge?

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm considering getting an August Smart Lock, but everything I see about it refers to the iPhone and the Apple HomeKit.

Has anyone used the August Smart Lock with an Android device? I'd like to use geofencing and remote access with the lock, and be able to set up "guests" with a predefined time-range to be able to access my house, but I can't determine if this can be done with Android.

SlackBlade

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I have an August smart lock and doorbell camera. There is no issues with any phone that I know of. I have an Samsung S7 Edge, S6, S5, and and Apple 7, 6+, 5 all using the lock with no issues. It works great.

Mattgrossman

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
I had the august smart lock and it was horrible. the app and phone integration is OK but because the lock uses bluetooth, it's difficult if you have multiple users at home. IE my wife would get home from work before me, and she locks the door when I am not home, and when I come home, the door is supposed to unlock, but because our living room is within range of the front door and the lock, if I got home, the door wouldn't unlock, I'd have to go into the app and open or use my keys. she is on an iphone 7 and me on the S7 edge. it worked well for the person who came home first. we ended up returning the lock as it was too frustrating to use with multiple phones in the house

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy