Has Anyone On VZW Experienced Signal Loss Since Last Update?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The June security update has definitely marked a pivot in signal strength on my S7 Edge. Where I got 3 bars, I get one. Where I got one, I fluctuate between a dead signal, no bars, and one bar.

I called Verizon and they had me reset my connection and pull out my SIM card while the phone was off. I know bars don't always = an accurate signal reading but my reception has in fact plummeted. Any others in my situation? Any suggestions (besides a factory reset) to remedy the problem? I appreciate any suggestions.

cybersud

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have seen the same thing. It keeps dropping to 3G (and killing my battery). Did the connection reset work? How do you do that?

lady of the lake

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
The June security update has definitely marked a pivot in signal strength on my S7 Edge. Where I got 3 bars, I get one. Where I got one, I fluctuate between a dead signal, no bars, and one bar.

I called Verizon and they had me reset my connection and pull out my SIM card while the phone was off. I know bars don't always = an accurate signal reading but my reception has in fact plummeted. Any others in my situation? Any suggestions (besides a factory reset) to remedy the problem? I appreciate any suggestions.

Have you found a solution to your issue? I have the same issue and can't even use my phone inside my house anymore as no one I call can hear me. I can hear them just fine. So frustrating.