SMS draft saving related issue

Anthony Skewes

Jul 8, 2017
Visit site
I noticed that recently, my phone started saving my messages as drafts if I left the message page before I sent it. This is fine and everything, but the issue is that even after I return to the message, finish it, and send it, the message that was saved continues to pop up every time I open the message until I do the same to a different message, or restart my phone. It's just annoying because sometimes I will leave the text by accident in the middle of typing a long message, then every time I go to reply to the same person, the draft of the huge message pops up again and I have to backspace it all out. Honestly, I'm not sure if this is an issue related to my phone specifically, or if it's an issue with my default SMS app. I use Facebook Messenger as my default. Has anyone else had this issue recently? Started maybe 2 weeks ago. Thanks.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Did you receive an update to FB Messenger recently? That may have changed how it works. I don't use it, but try going to Settings, Apps, Apps Manager or All, find FB Messenger and do a force stop, clear cache and clear data. Exit Settings and reboot the device and see if that helps. If not I would be knocking on FB's support door and asking for help there as they own the app. Good luck :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois