What are the S7 edge users waiting for?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I left for the S8 plus and I tell you it is one thing I don't regret. A lot of times going up one model year isn't much of an update and the spec sheet might make it appear that way, but it's a huge step forward as far as performance and battery.

I enjoyed the S7 edge, but it's a dinosaur compared to the S8 series.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I left for the S8 plus and I tell you it is one thing I don't regret. A lot of times going up one model year isn't much of an update and the spec sheet might make it appear that way, but it's a huge step forward as far as performance and battery.

I am fine with the S7E. I will wait until it dies.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I am waiting for the iPhone 8 and Pixel 2. The S7 Edge will be my last Samsung phone. It's all about timely updates.
I agree and disagree with timely updates. There's a lot of times the update screws the phone up, so sometimes I would like no update. BlackBerry did updates right, you could revert back to the original OS if a update screwed things up for you, Apple and Android should allow the same IMO. At least Apple updates all and not just what a manufacture or carrier decides to update.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Not updating because I'm perfectly happy with the S7E. Performance is excellent and I have never run out of battery.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I never said the S7 was bad. I was saying that the S8 is a huge update. If you like the S7, you will be amazed with the S8.

I should have said that I'm happy with the 7 and that I haven't seen anything the 8 has over the 7 that I am willing to pay for at this time. The 8 is an upgrade but not one I'm interested in parting with $ for (which is not to say it's not worth it in general). It is good news to hear that it is a distinct improvement as opposed to a small incremental upgrade.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I should have said that I'm happy with the 7 and that I haven't seen anything the 8 has over the 7 that I am willing to pay for at this time. The 8 is an upgrade but not one I'm interested in parting with $ for (which is not to say it's not worth it in general). It is good news to hear that it is a distinct improvement as opposed to a small incremental upgrade.
There's nothing wrong with waiting if your happy. It should only be nothing but better by waiting.

I just wanted to clarify to everyone that I don't think the S7 edge is a bad phone, I was trying to say that normally updating to the next model doesn't give you a big change, but going to the S8 is a noticable improvement for a change.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

I had the S7 Edge. Laged very noticeably. I have now been using S8 Plus for 2 months, and I am blown away by the performance compared to S7 Edge. It is the smoothest Samsung phone yet.

I don't regret my decision one bit, in the contrary, glad I made the jump.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I can give you 700 reasons.
Besides there is nothing that looks interesting at all, not even the S8. I'm tired of spending a lot of money on the next best thing hoping that it will actually give me what I want. But it never happens. The note 8 might do it but it's not looking good. Samsung pay and wireless charging are not good enough anymore.

Mattgrossman

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
I just upgraded in March to the S7 edge and I'm happy with my phone. a lot of people also can't afford or don't want to spend money on phones every 6-12 months.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
1. People don't want to throw away money. If the phone works fine, why spend?
2. I already have the phone limited to 70% performance via battery saver, and does everythinh I need perfectly. I don't need the extra oomph.
3. The only thing that is currently interesting me in the S8 is Samsung finally moving back to no front buttons (their first Galaxy Tabs had no buttons).
4. It's July already. The Note 8 is coming up.
5. I can get an S9 next year for no extra cost (or massive discount), or an S8 + extra freebies like a tablet (I once got a choice of a Note 3 vs Note 2 + Tab 4 some years back) on my part thanks to my phone contract's 2 year renewal cycle. The S7 is performing well enough for me to wait it out for the good deals.

It's about being practical sometimes. Heck I'm driving a 24year old car because it works, and has better AC than a new Vios (It's a Nissan Sentra).

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought a S8+ two weeks ago but I am still using my S7 Edge as my daily phone.

There isn't a whole lot of difference between the two phones other then size and a few software differences.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Don't even go there. S7E 5.5". S8+ 6.2". There's your dinosaur. S8+ is the tyrannasaurous rex of phones. Way too big, unless you use the two-handed grip, like a baseball bat. I picked one up at Best Buy, just to see what it felt like in my hand, and i immediately dropped it. Lucky for me, it was tied to a security cord. S8+, no thank you.:p

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Don't even go there. S7E 5.5". S8+ 6.2". There's your dinosaur. S8+ is the tyrannasaurous rex of phones. Way too big, unless you use the two-handed grip, like a baseball bat. I picked one up at Best Buy, just to see what it felt like in my hand, and i immediately dropped it. Lucky for me, it was tied to a security cord. S8+, no thank you.:p

Agreed. As a mobile device, if you have to use it with two hands what's the point. And I don't care how much they try to sell it, one handed modes all suck.

gavo360

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Plan on using my s7 edge for another year then will have a good look at mid - high range Chinese makes like honor or xiaomi. I buy my phones sim free but cant justify the price of the s8 and probably future samsungs phones at £700-£800.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze