How to unlock Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge after Sprint latest update to OS system?

A

AC Question

Did latest update to OS (nougat?) on S7 Edge with carrier Sprint. Upon completion attempted finger print log in but phone asked for a password. Never set up a password. Tried pin. locks out for one hour. My phone is receiving texts, emails, and other stuff but I cant get the phone to unlock. Samsung and Sprint have been useless. Samsung wants me to mail off phone so they can wipe it and I will lose all my business contacts, emails, texts, photos, and etc. Sprint and Samsung had me go to over three (3) best buys and Sprint repair store and no ones knows how to reset password so I can get back into my phone. HELP.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. As @chanchan05 noted, after a major upgrade or factory reset you have to log back into the phone with your Google account you used to setup the phone initially. If you can't remember that, try using the Android Device Manager website with a PC.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.