Stuck in loop hole ? please help...

A

AC Question

story in short: i installed the latest android version on my galaxy s7 edge.
this made a huge problem with my battery life, i started charging the phone 6-8 times a day instead of 1-2. so i read about resetting cache actually helps this, and i did it. and restored battery life better than before.
after that, when restarting phone, before update i used to just easily unlock it with a password, but after cache reset i have to wait like 1 min until keyboard shows up then i can enter the password to unlock phone. Also, every time i connect to a wifi (whether it's new or old wifi) the phone restarts by itself.

this sum of problems are all within my phone, and now after i tried to connect to a random wifi, the phone was stuck in a loop hole, i reset the cache again and again, and it just won't go on. i'm so angry that i don't care anymore if i perform a hard reset...

can anyone help me? what should i do ?
i'm in a foreign country right now, don't have insurance on my phone

thank you.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
i have, it didn't work.

If samsung's safe mode does not work at all. IE you cannot get the device into safe mode, you may have a clone phone. There are various options discussed on the forum to check the validity of tye phone. Charging 6 to 8 times a day is also suspicious.

MasterKays

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
If samsung's safe mode does not work at all. IE you cannot get the device into safe mode, you may have a clone phone. There are various options discussed on the forum to check the validity of tye phone. Charging 6 to 8 times a day is also suspicious.

i was able to go on safe mode, but device kept restarting. i couldn't stay on to recover my data in order to try and do a hard reset.

is there a way to recover data while turned off or in android recovery mode ?

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I was thinking more about what happens if you connect to a pc before you try unlock it, does it behave any different.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You would need USB debugging enabled in settings to do even an ADB pull, but if the boot loop happens too fast, you won't be able to do anything.

With the device staying locked, you can't really pull anything from it to your PC. This is a security feature. Otherwise, a stolen phone can have everything accessed without needing to know the PIN/Password to get the phone data.

If this is a hardware issue, there may be little that can be done.

MasterKays

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
You would need USB debugging enabled in settings to do even an ADB pull, but if the boot loop happens too fast, you won't be able to do anything.

With the device staying locked, you can't really pull anything from it to your PC. This is a security feature. Otherwise, a stolen phone can have everything accessed without needing to know the PIN/Password to get the phone data.

If this is a hardware issue, there may be little that can be done.

yes, i think i got that from all the reading i've done.
tomorrow i'll take my phone to someone who may be able to fix it. if not, i think a hard reset is all i got :/

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
yes, i think i got that from all the reading i've done.
tomorrow i'll take my phone to someone who may be able to fix it. if not, i think a hard reset is all i got :/

Hope it can get fixed. Perhaps the repair shop has a way to pull the data for you? I would bring your own USB stick just in case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX