story in short: i installed the latest android version on my galaxy s7 edge.
    this made a huge problem with my battery life, i started charging the phone 6-8 times a day instead of 1-2. so i read about resetting cache actually helps this, and i did it. and restored battery life better than before.
    after that, when restarting phone, before update i used to just easily unlock it with a password, but after cache reset i have to wait like 1 min until keyboard shows up then i can enter the password to unlock phone. Also, every time i connect to a wifi (whether it's new or old wifi) the phone restarts by itself.

this sum of problems are all within my phone, and now after i tried to connect to a random wifi, the phone was stuck in a loop hole, i reset the cache again and again, and it just won't go on. i'm so angry that i don't care anymore if i perform a hard reset...

can anyone help me? what should i do ?
    i'm in a foreign country right now, don't have insurance on my phone

thank you.
    07-15-2017 04:59 PM
    Mod Note: Thread moved for better visibility.
    07-15-2017 05:03 PM
    Welcome to the forums. I would consider a reset.
    07-15-2017 05:06 PM
    Have you tried run it in safe mode.
    07-15-2017 06:12 PM
    Have you tried run it in safe mode.
    i have, it didn't work.
    07-16-2017 03:36 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I would consider a reset.
    i don't know if this will help if it was a hardware problem and not software.
    plus, i'd lose all my data of 15 months. i didn't perform a backup
    07-16-2017 03:36 AM
    i have, it didn't work.
    If samsung's safe mode does not work at all. IE you cannot get the device into safe mode, you may have a clone phone. There are various options discussed on the forum to check the validity of tye phone. Charging 6 to 8 times a day is also suspicious.
    07-16-2017 04:26 AM
    If samsung's safe mode does not work at all. IE you cannot get the device into safe mode, you may have a clone phone. There are various options discussed on the forum to check the validity of tye phone. Charging 6 to 8 times a day is also suspicious.
    i was able to go on safe mode, but device kept restarting. i couldn't stay on to recover my data in order to try and do a hard reset.

is there a way to recover data while turned off or in android recovery mode ?
    07-16-2017 04:50 AM
    What does it do if you try connect it to a pic with Samsung smart switch.
    07-16-2017 06:06 AM
    i can't unlock my device because it's password protected after restart, so i can't really connect to SSS
    07-16-2017 06:21 AM
    I was thinking more about what happens if you connect to a pc before you try unlock it, does it behave any different.
    07-16-2017 06:50 AM
    You would need USB debugging enabled in settings to do even an ADB pull, but if the boot loop happens too fast, you won't be able to do anything.

With the device staying locked, you can't really pull anything from it to your PC. This is a security feature. Otherwise, a stolen phone can have everything accessed without needing to know the PIN/Password to get the phone data.

If this is a hardware issue, there may be little that can be done.
    07-16-2017 08:27 AM
    it acknowledges my smart phone and tells me that you need to unlock it in order to transfer files. but my phone still reboots
    07-16-2017 08:28 AM
    You would need USB debugging enabled in settings to do even an ADB pull, but if the boot loop happens too fast, you won't be able to do anything.

With the device staying locked, you can't really pull anything from it to your PC. This is a security feature. Otherwise, a stolen phone can have everything accessed without needing to know the PIN/Password to get the phone data.

If this is a hardware issue, there may be little that can be done.
    yes, i think i got that from all the reading i've done.
    tomorrow i'll take my phone to someone who may be able to fix it. if not, i think a hard reset is all i got :/
    07-16-2017 08:29 AM
    yes, i think i got that from all the reading i've done.
    tomorrow i'll take my phone to someone who may be able to fix it. if not, i think a hard reset is all i got :/
    Hope it can get fixed. Perhaps the repair shop has a way to pull the data for you? I would bring your own USB stick just in case.
    07-16-2017 09:08 AM