I have a S7 Edge and about a week ago every time I arrive at my home screen a small round ad logo (for example the BMW logo) appears/drops down from the top right hand corner of my home screen. The only way to get rid of it is by clicking on it. I then get a second wi foe opening up for that company's website or their site on Facebook.

As luck would have it I am unable to
    find and sort recently added apps by date since my Application Manager is gone. It usually appears above my list of applications but it's not there anymore.

Help
    07-19-2017 05:32 PM
    As mentioned in your other thread (https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ml#post5891664), the App Manager is part of the system settings -- it isn't an app per se. Go to your main system settings, then select Applications -- the App Manager should be there.

Do you have the Peel Remote app? That can sometimes give annoying ads -- if you have it, try disabling it. Otherwise, it's probably related to some other app you installed. Common culprits include 3rd party launchers, lockscreens, file managers, keyboards, and battery/memory savers.
    tube517 and thecomicbookandme like this.
    07-20-2017 03:54 PM
    I'm having the same issue and do not have the Peel Remote or any of the other apps mentioned.
    12-13-2017 10:06 AM
    I've had my Samsung S8 for several weeks now and started having the same issue with the round drop down ads. I've heard the culprits could be Game Launcher and Game Optimizing Service so I disabled both, although there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off notifications for either of these. I'm still getting the drop down ads.
    12-13-2017 10:14 AM
    Clicking the light blue advertising triangle next to the round logo took me to Google Adsense. I'm not sure what to do from here. Any suggestions?
    12-15-2017 06:46 AM
    I've been having the same problem... I think it might be the app go music plus on my phone... Do any of you have that?
    12-16-2017 11:46 PM
    YES. I have that was the culprit all along.
    12-18-2017 10:56 AM
    Here is what I found to work. Go to settings, click on Google, click on ads the toggle the "opt out" button to off if you dont want Google tracking your cookies and posting these ads. I hope it works for you too!
    bill77056 and Jim Milner like this.
    12-19-2017 08:35 AM
    "Avast Mobile Security" app solved the problem for me.
    12-20-2017 01:10 PM
    Hey Tommye, I think that did it for me...thanks for posting! I kept getting what appeared to be Google or Google Play related ads and a wee, round xmas ornament with a "G" in it descending from upper right of screen. Maddening! It galls to have paid for a very expensive phone only to have adverts hurled at you. Sign...
    12-23-2017 12:24 PM
    This started happening with my Note 8. It's driving me nuts! I've tried all of the above suggestions, and nothing seems to help. I even tried the premium edition of Malware Bytes, but this bigger keeps popping up (or should I say dropping down). I can't seem to find much info on the internet about it.
    01-01-2018 09:36 AM
    I am using a "mate 10 pro" and had the same issue.
    The "opt out" toggle under settings was off.

I tried the following under Google add settings:

http://www.aboutads.info/choices/

See attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Ads keep popping up on my home screen as drop down round logos..-img_20180102_180018.png   Ads keep popping up on my home screen as drop down round logos..-img_20180102_231658.jpg  
    01-02-2018 03:20 PM
    Uninstall the "who unfriended me?" app.
    01-05-2018 06:48 PM
    I have a S7 Edge and about a week ago every time I arrive at my home screen a small round ad logo (for example the BMW logo) appears/drops down from the top right hand corner of my home screen. The only way to get rid of it is by clicking on it. I then get a second wi foe opening up for that company's website or their site on Facebook.

find and sort recently added apps by date since my Application Manager is gone. It usually appears above my list of applications but it's not there anymore.

Help

I was having the same issue with the little "ad" balls dropping on my home screen. I clicked on the ad to have it open in my browser, then clicked the page to see all open screens and the app that it opened through "S Photo Editor".. Removed that app.. Hope that's it!
    01-12-2018 07:51 AM
    I was having the same issue with the little "ad" balls dropping on my home screen. I clicked on the ad to have it open in my browser, then clicked the page to see all open screens and the app that it opened through "S Photo Editor".. Removed that app.. Hope that's it!
    Thanks!!! Fixed my problem. S Photo Editor ws the culprit!
    01-27-2018 02:04 PM
    "Avast Mobile Security" app solved the problem for me.
    Avast solved the issue for me as well. Thanks for the advice.
    02-03-2018 06:40 PM
    The ads are from Google. I am trying to stop the on my Samsung galaxy s7 phone. The Google settings do not allow you to stop these ads as far as I can see. So far no luck. Thanks Google! It is annoying as hell! Makes me want to delete everything Google in sight.
    02-04-2018 01:27 PM
    Go Music Plus? That is the name of the app? I dont find any app with that name.
    02-04-2018 08:05 PM
    Seriously, I am really annoyed. This just started on our phones and we've had/used google for a year... so frustrated.
    02-04-2018 08:06 PM

Help

FOUND IT... it was a calculator add on. Delete any calculator that didn't come w your OS. That annoying balloon is gone! Yeah!
    02-10-2018 02:29 PM
    I believe most of these comments are BS. I have this problem too, and none of the various apps or check boxes that are suggested to have caused the problem (Peel, calculators, etc, or opting out of Google). Also, there is no such app called "Avast Mobile Security" (at least when I go the app store). There is Avast antivirus 2018 - is that what you mean?
    My Samsung S8 has this problem, but I also have a Pixel2 that does not have this problem. Is this a Samsung specific problem?
    I will be escalating to Verizon of Avast Antivirus does not fix the problem.
    02-24-2018 10:04 AM
    Mine does it too. Suddenly started after I down loaded the Google Pixel version thst was supposed to make "ok Google" work better. I've tried the ing off ball notifications and it still pops up
    04-06-2018 04:16 PM
    Guys if you've installed Google Pixel update or a Super Scanner roll back the update or uninstall the scanner. The problem is on different apps.
    04-07-2018 03:04 AM
    I had the same issue!!! Drove me crazy, it was the S photo editor app that was the culprit I uninstalled it and no more pop down!!!
    04-08-2018 08:35 PM
    Same for me. It was the S photo editor. Once I uninstalled it no more devious ads on my home screen.
    04-21-2018 10:10 AM
30 12