I use Samsung Internet Browser with my S7 Edge and a minor problem that drives me up a wall is that when I load news.google.com, the website hides the URL bar and there doesn't seem to be any way to get it to reappear. I have to either use the back button until I'm far enough away from the site for it to show up again, or shut down my browser altogether.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is there some option to remove this functionality with the google news website? Or is this just an insidious piece of code to make getting away from google news that much harder?
    07-22-2017 04:33 PM
    Welcome to Android Central. First, I would suggest you use Google Play Newsstand, which is a separate app and, IMO, works very well. That said, when using SamInt I also lose the URL bar, but when scrolling down I always see an up arrow at the bottom. Or, a simple partial pull down will bring up the nav bar along the bottom where you can close that tab and go elsewhere. That works the same with every site I go to. There could be something wonky with News, haven't used it, but I wouldn't expect it to act differently.
    07-22-2017 04:54 PM
    Sadly neither of those solutions are available in this situation.

I guess I'll just have to try to blacklist news.google.com until I can bash it into my head to not try to visit there.

Thanks.
    07-22-2017 06:00 PM
    I get the url bar

07-22-2017 08:12 PM
    It sounds like a problem with the Samsung Internet Browser. No matter what a website does, even a malicious one, the browser should allow you access.

Google Chrome hides the URL when you scroll down, and redisplays it when you scroll up. But, sometimes — including with Google News — you need to grab the top of the webpage (its header) to hide or redisplay the URL.

Try grabbing the top of the webpage, and moving it up and down to see if the Samsung Internet Browser has the same functionality.

Failing that, it seems as though you'll have to either avoid sites with headers like Google News or change to another browser. Or, as already stated, try a news-reading app.
    09-09-2017 07:06 AM