Is it just me that notices this

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It seems like after updates the forums change from its a great phone to a crap load of issues. I come back to the S7 edge forum every now and then and it seems like the negative posts have grown., issue after issue. It's not just the S7 edge, it seems like most phones do this after a OS update.

Maybe since people keep phones shorter and most people wouldn't know the differences of OS systems if updates weren't forced. So maybe there should be no OS updates. Just seems like majority of the time phone is running great untill after a OS update.

What does everyone else think?

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I've found if I delete the cache, both from the Settings>Storage menu and recovery mode, a couple of times in the days after accepting an update, my S7E works just as well as it always has. Still just as happy with it as the day I bought it, performance and battery wise. Still not very enamored of the Nougat look, but it is what it is.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I've found if I delete the cache, both from the Settings>Storage menu and recovery mode, a couple of times in the days after accepting an update, my S7E works just as well as it always has. Still just as happy with it as the day I bought it, performance and battery wise. Still not very enamored of the Nougat look, but it is what it is.
I hated the whites. Now I'm using Material Black theme and it looks decent.
5e9a2bf0f0ded44bc1e43c727e3fddd7.jpg

e7cf8910c6e8c0130ee21d0e15d7cff7.jpg

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I hated the whites. Now I'm using Material Black theme and it looks decent.

Thanks, but it's not the lightness that bothers me, it's the way the drab icons look, which are the same in your screen captures. Like they fired all their graphic artists and went to an elementary school for design ideas.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, but it's not the lightness that bothers me, it's the way the drab icons look, which are the same in your screen captures. Like they fired all their graphic artists and went to an elementary school for design ideas.
Oh. I'm using Nova launcher so I replaced the icons. The icons shown on the pictures are just the ones from the theme's page on the store. Though I am a fan of minimalistic circular icons though. Screenshot_20170726-202014.png

Sent from my SM-G935F using AC Forums mobile app