Can I use the same charger for a Galaxy Note 4 and the S7 Edge?

A

AC Question

I'm looking to upgrade from the Note 4 to the S7 edge and want to use the same charger.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
There is no difference in the chargers from what I can tell. When I got my S8+, first thing I did was look at the outputs on the Note 4, S7 Edge and S8+ chargers and they looked the same other then the S8+ charger being black. I have a black S8+. I'm not sure if the colors on the chargers are different depending on phone color.

I am using a combo of chargers between the Note 4, S7 Edge and S8+ and they all work great, no difference in charging speeds.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
There is no difference in the chargers from what I can tell. When I got my S8+, first thing I did was look at the outputs on the Note 4, S7 Edge and S8+ chargers and they looked the same other then the S8+ charger being black. I have a black S8+. I'm not sure if the colors on the chargers are different depending on phone color.

I am using a combo of chargers between the Note 4, S7 Edge and S8+ and they all work great, no difference in charging speeds.
I don't remember the Note 4 having Quick Charge though.

Bankokbob54

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
There is a major difference. The connector has two parts even though it's one piece. I have both phones, btw. This is a pic of the Note 4 charger cable connector. Most of you already know what the S7 looks like. Oh, I should clarify. You can use the same charger, but NOT the same cable.

20170813_164352.jpg

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
There is a major difference. The connector has two parts even though it's one piece. I have both phones, btw. This is a pic of the Note 4 charger cable connector. Most of you already know what the S7 looks like. Oh, I should clarify. You can use the same charger, but NOT the same cable.
I've been using the same cable with no problems. That doesn't look like the same cable that came with my Note 4. I am in the US if that makes a difference. The black insert is a solid piece, not broken in two sections like yours is.

VannM

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

View attachment 265633
I think that cable came with the note3 and some Samsung tablets

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Also, the cable that came with the Note 4/Note Edge is longer on length then the cable that comes with the S7. They shortened it a bit and the cable itself is a bit more rubber like and thinner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995