why does my s7 edge have this

buzzkill_75

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
My wife has a s7 edge and her screen brightness menu has a auto brightness toggle.

I bought a phone used and mine says outdoor mode. I have attached a picture of what my brightness menu shows.

what is wrong why would mine say this?outdoor mode.jpg

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Two things I can think of. Do you have an app installed that is causing this. Are you and your wife both running the same versions of software. Just some suggestions to look into. Thanks.

buzzkill_75

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
i factory reset my phone. the only thing i can see that is different is a security update that mine does not have because i have not activated mine on att yet.

yes they are both att 935 model. im at a loss. when i google outdoor mode i cant find anything on the s7 edge. i only see refrence to a s6

i downloaded the pdf file for the att s7 edge and it says i should have auto brightness not the outdoor mode

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
i factory reset my phone. the only thing i can see that is different is a security update that mine does not have because i have not activated mine on att yet.

yes they are both att 935 model. im at a loss. when i google outdoor mode i cant find anything on the s7 edge. i only see refrence to a s6

i downloaded the pdf file for the att s7 edge and it says i should have auto brightness not the outdoor mode
All S7Edges are 935. For example mine is a 935FD. It's a dual sim version. However a 935F is single sim.

We want to know if yoy have an AT&T model, a Sprint, or whatever else options you have in the US.

On Googling, the only reference I can see about an Outdoor Mode toggle is on the S6, not the S7.

buzzkill_75

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
All S7Edges are 935. For example mine is a 935FD. It's a dual sim version. However a 935F is single sim.

We want to know if yoy have an AT&T model, a Sprint, or whatever else options you have in the US.

On Googling, the only reference I can see about an Outdoor Mode toggle is on the S6, not the S7.
Both phones are AT&T models G935A. Mine has the outdoor mode even after a factory reset and completely stock no apps added.

I agree the only thing google says about an s6 with outdoor mode

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Both phones are AT&T models G935A. Mine has the outdoor mode even after a factory reset and completely stock no apps added.

I agree the only thing google says about an s6 with outdoor mode
That makes it weird. I mean right now the only thing I'm thinking is you were duped into buying an S6 Edge Plus for the price of an S7 Edge.

Could you install CPU-Z and tell us what it says?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=com.cpuid.cpu_z&token=6DkKyfgI

The SoC and device tabs will tell us what it really is.

buzzkill_75

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
That makes it weird. I mean right now the only thing I'm thinking is you were duped into buying an S6 Edge Plus for the price of an S7 Edge.

Could you install CPU-Z and tell us what it says?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=com.cpuid.cpu_z&token=o_6cYsCO

The SoC and device tabs will tell us what it really is.
Hope this helps you all
7e4b630e97766272972e05419217fb84.jpg
Screenshot_20170822-74015.png

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Kryo versus Samsung etc in Architecture for instance and 4 cores versus my 8
Again that's expected of all US and China models. He's using a Snapdragon 820. I repeat. The US versions of Samsung flagships uses Snapdragon chips made by Qualcomm, while the international version uses Exynos. That's also the same chips on the HTC 10 and LG G6.

Qualcomm's Snapdragon 820 is known to be quadcore.

His readings are perfectly normal.

buzzkill_75

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
So I'm still confused as to why mine has outdoor mode and my wife has auto brightness. I need auto brightness as I'm in and out of the daylight at work

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
So I'm still confused as to why mine has outdoor mode and my wife has auto brightness. I need auto brightness as I'm in and out of the daylight at work
Try this. Pull down the notification bar then tap on the downward arrow beside the brightness slider. If you haven't set it up you may need to pull down twice to show all the toggles and the brightness slider. After pressing the down arrow, you should get a screen with two toggles, one for auto brightness and another for putting the brightness slider back onto the initial notification bar pull down.

buzzkill_75

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Try this. Pull down the notification bar then tap on the downward arrow beside the brightness slider. If you haven't set it up you may need to pull down twice to show all the toggles and the brightness slider. After pressing the down arrow, you should get a screen with two toggles, one for auto brightness and another for putting the brightness slider back onto the initial notification bar pull down.
Yes that was why I started the thread. Mine says outdoor mode instead of auto brightness like my wife's phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown