I have got to my limit of my mobile data this month - inadvertently. My provider gave me the warning etc etc. Now I've had it 'turned off'. Ok. However, the reason it happened is that my phone has not been using my home wifi when at home - the phone settings are showing that it is connecting to my home broadband hub, so all along I've been thinking it is using my unlimited home data.

So, it could be a fault in my home hub/phone connection. All other devices are working fine. But my question is, is there an inbuilt maximum in the phone for Wi-Fi data? When I go into Data Usage, the mobile data section shows my usage, and a graph showing I've reached the top. Further down the page is 'Wi-Fi data usage' which also shows the amount, and a graph, which is showing 3.50GB used, and it's at 100% also.

On a UK S7, is there a manufacturer's built in limit, or have i set something myself. There is nothing to change there, no settings, no three dots 'More' option or anything - it's just like an information. But why is it showing 100% used then?

Help, this is driving me mad. Thanks to anyone who knows
    09-09-2017 09:15 AM
    Go to settings>connections>data usage. Look for restrict networks. Open that up and turn off everything in there. The point of that feature is to identify networks that apps are blocked from using (they'll probably go data).
    09-09-2017 11:03 AM
    Go to settings>connections>data usage. Look for restrict networks. Open that up and turn off everything in there. The point of that feature is to identify networks that apps are blocked from using (they'll probably go data).
    Thanks for your reply. Sorry for being so dense, but do you mean the sliders should be set to the 'on' position, or do you mean all the sliders set to the 'off' position?

I have tried it both ways, but no change. Still wondering about this reaching 100% of Wi-Fi usage being an issue.

Any more ideas most welcome, thanks
    09-09-2017 03:52 PM
    Thanks for your reply. Sorry for being so dense, but do you mean the sliders should be set to the 'on' position, or do you mean all the sliders set to the 'off' position?

I have tried it both ways, but no change. Still wondering about this reaching 100% of Wi-Fi usage being an issue.

Any more ideas most welcome, thanks
    Sliders should be off
    09-09-2017 06:21 PM